WIP Share around the house
Lightbulb 
Hello guys im a rookie here and I have a "question" for all you veterans out there.....

First my set up:

Master Bedroom
roku3

Living room
Chromecast

So this is what I want to do:

I download a lot of movies (torrents) on my laptop but is a pain stream the movies in my living room with chromecast sometimes the wifi is not good, so I have to plug the laptop straight to the tv etc etc and if I want to finish the movie in my room I have to disconnect the laptop and use the roky with the windows 10 so......

There is any possibility (good and cheap) where I can download the movie in one place and decide where I can watch it without having to move the device where the movie is store? I was looking on buy a Nvidia Shield TV but for what I want do I have to buy 2? any other way to do it?
Do I have to buy 2 new kodi boxes for each tv? a server?

That is the question guys and I Hope you guys can help me.

Thanks a lot
Get a NAS device, from there you can stream the movies to any device. The NAS will be determined by whether your media players can do network shares, Plex, etc.

Or share the files from your laptop via network shares, or Plex, the play files via Roku and/or any other media player.
AFTV (non-rooted + Kodi)
WD My Book Live NAS
So the way I see it is this.... Can i Install a torrent downloader in the NAS server? so I will download all my movies and songs etc etc there and then I will have to buy for each tv in my house a media player like (roku, nvidia shield tv, etc etc etc) Huh Am I Right?
NAS have multiple add-on options, some come with a torrent client, some you have to add it yourself, some dont have any. Just make sure you get one which has all your requirements. Take your time and read all about them. Best place is http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/nas.

Correct.
AFTV (non-rooted + Kodi)
WD My Book Live NAS

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Share around the house0