Kodi & artwork downloader addon missing some tv show thumbnails
So this is a strange issue, but occasionally Kodi will just not show a thumbnail for a tvshow, it will show the generic media icon however.
I attempted to download Artwork Downloader and it too would not find the thumbnails.
I also attempted to use http://kodi.wiki/view/Texture_Cache_Maintenance_utility the texture cache maintenance utility and it too will not find the thumbnails.

Here's the weird thing, if I just open the context menu, select episode information and click refresh it updates the thumbnail just fine. What am I missing here? Is there a way I can automate the same function of the Context Menu/Episode Information/Refresh function?

Thanks
(2015-08-13, 04:35)morriscode Wrote: I also attempted to use http://kodi.wiki/view/Texture_Cache_Maintenance_utility the texture cache maintenance utility and it too will not find the thumbnails.

The Texture Cache Maintenance Utility is not a metadata scraper, so it's not going to be able to "find" artwork that is missing.

(2015-08-13, 04:35)morriscode Wrote: I attempted to download Artwork Downloader and it too would not find the thumbnails.

Impossible to say why AD does and doesn't work, particularly without knowing the tv show, your AD settings (use local or not?), a debug log etc.

(2015-08-13, 04:35)morriscode Wrote: Here's the weird thing, if I just open the context menu, select episode information and click refresh it updates the thumbnail just fine. What am I missing here?

I guess your current TV show scraper is doing a better job of finding artwork than AD, or the artwork sources AD is using do not yet have the artwork you expect them to have (it can take a day or two for new artwork to appear, apparently).

(2015-08-13, 04:35)morriscode Wrote: Is there a way I can automate the same function of the Context Menu/Episode Information/Refresh function?

You could use the "qax" option of texturecache.py - "./texturecache.py @qaperiod=9999 qax tvshows", and this will instruct Kodi to refresh (from local, or failing that internet) any episode of a tvshow that is missing an episode thumb (or plot).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thank you!

I ended up uninstalling Artwork Downloader as I'd rather not rely on an Addon. I ended up running this command per your recommendation

osmc@osmc:~$ ./texturecache.py @qaperiod=9999 qax tvshows "Halt and Catch Fire"
Episode [Halt and Catch Fire, Season 2 Episode 2x06 ]: WARN (missing thumb, local not found)

And that's it, it didn't download them or anything, is there a specific log file that would be helpful for this?
(2015-08-13, 04:57)morriscode Wrote: Thank you!

I ended up uninstalling Artwork Downloader as I'd rather not rely on an Addon. I ended up running this command per your recommendation

osmc@osmc:~$ ./texturecache.py @qaperiod=9999 qax tvshows "Halt and Catch Fire"
Episode [Halt and Catch Fire, Season 2 Episode 2x06 ]: WARN (missing thumb, local not found)

And that's it, it didn't download them or anything, is there a specific log file that would be helpful for this?

Ah yes, sorry - I forgot it's only going to refresh the episode if there is a local thumb, so that's probably not going to work for you, unless I add some sort of override...

Normally the scraper will find the artwork on the internet when the episode is scraped, if the image is available - for recently aired episodes the artwork may not be available at the time you scrape and presumably this is the problem you are having. In which case, you need to manually search for the artwork a day or two later when the artwork is hopefully available. Normally this is the role that Artwork Downloader would fill - finding your missing episode thumbs - assuming of course the site AD is checking has the artwork available, and my guess is that in this instance it does not (but some other site, the one used by your scraper, does).

Give me a few minutes and I'll add a change to texturecache.py which should refresh episodes with missing thumbs that are not found locally...
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thank you! I figured the artwork was missing or not available when it was fetched. It seems like it would be smart if Kodi would set a flag when that occurred and had chron job or something to recheck flagged files for available artwork on a set schedule.

Aside from that, I know the artwork can be found now because originally half the season was missing artwork, manually refreshing them always resulted in proper artwork. I left episode 6 with no artwork for troubleshooting purposes. Smile Appreciate your help!
I've pushed an update (v2.0.7, you should get it automatically) - add "@qa.fail.missinglocalart=yes" on your texturecache.py command line (or add "qa.fail.missinglocalart=yes" in your config).

Obviously enabling this option will repeatedly refresh any episode that is missing a thumb, until that thumb is found by Kodi...
That fixed it!! Thank you so much for your help and patience in assisting with this. That's pretty amazing support!
I wasn't expecting a code change on your end but it's much appreciated!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi & artwork downloader addon missing some tv show thumbnails0