Webserver dont work in win10
The reason is that the service "World Wide Web Publishing Service" is running as default in new Windows 10 installs.
Disable the service and you can use port 80 if you wish.

Press WIN+X keys together to show quick access menu and then select "Computer Management" option. It'll open a new window. Now click on "Services and Applications -> Services" in left-side pane.

Locate "World Wide Web Publishing Service" , right click and choose properties. click Stop to stop it, change startup type to disabled, Done.
if that's the case then I guess its a Kodi on windows bug, Kodi not registering the port the correct way. I have the same issue but haven't looked into the reason, just figured I were already running something else there and I'd have to find and stop it later.
(2016-07-28, 12:42)mrkaras Wrote: if that's the case then I guess its a Kodi on windows bug, Kodi not registering the port the correct way. I have the same issue but haven't looked into the reason, just figured I were already running something else there and I'd have to find and stop it later.
No bug.
You can only have one thing using a port at a time, as it's otherwise "busy".
Or:
ERROR: WebServer: Failed to start the webserver
I agree, I hadn't read your post and were replying in relation to the contents of the link posted by boscorelly. it looks like windows 10 comes by default serving a web page using IIS but doesn't by default install the managements tools or some of the extra parts needed to make the page work?!
I don't think you need to stop the service, you just need to stop the default web site using the IIS manager user interface (that is conveniently not installed by default)
(2016-07-29, 14:07)mrkaras Wrote: I agree, I hadn't read your post and were replying in relation to the contents of the link posted by boscorelly. it looks like windows 10 comes by default serving a web page using IIS but doesn't by default install the managements tools or some of the extra parts needed to make the page work?!
I don't think you need to stop the service, you just need to stop the default web site using the IIS manager user interface (that is conveniently not installed by default)
I have never used the IIS server, and unless you can change it's port number from inside it's interface, you will never be able to use port 80 in another
application.
The only reason you would have this up and running is if you're hosting a website, or for web related testing purposes.(Performance counters).
And in that case i'd be using Xampp server instead, which is Apache, which is what most hosting companies use today.

Also in that case you have to disable the IIS service.

On a "Home" system World Wide Web Publishing Service should not be installed as default, as it's useless.
Source:http://www.blackviper.com/windows-servic...g-service/
agree with everything, sure you can disable the service if you like and as far as I know that service is just for IIS but to answer the first point yes you can change the port number any of your web sites run on, disable them or delete them.

lots of other programs (especial Microsoft ones, but not exclusively) use IIS to host the various web interfaces, not suggesting it should be but in theory Kodi could use IIS to hots its web interface (but obviously still couldn't host 2 on port 80 at the same time without using subdomains or whatever that is called)
No kodi should not use IIS to host it's web server.

That is never going to work anywhere but windows, and would introduce the nightmare that is IIS.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
It's a "feature" of win10. Win10 always holds 80 port and doesn't allow to use 80 port by third-party software. Changing port to 81 (as an example) in Kodi's setting solves the issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Webserver dont work in win100