• 22(current)
Music Development
(2016-01-14, 14:19)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2016-01-14, 11:25)DaveBlake Wrote: Of course the one, and possibly confusing, exception to the consistent item separator rule is musicbrainz ids. Kodi parses the string of multiple musicbrainz ids regardless of the separators.

That's interesting to know, so it makes no difference if you have MB_ID / MB_ID or MB_ID/MB_ID

or MB_ID; MB_ID as far as I can see. Unlike names the mb id format is fixed so any non alpha-numberic character can be taken as a separator.

But it is far easier to tell users that all tags have to use the same separator.
(2016-01-14, 11:25)DaveBlake Wrote: Beercade it is the lack of spaces either side of the slash in the ARTISTS tag that is causing the problem. In Jarvis Beta5 correctly applies the Kodi item separator, which defaults to space-slash-space, to the ARTISTS tag, previous versions didn't.

(2016-01-13, 20:40)Beercade Wrote: Hmm ok, artists field in picard have never had spaces. My entire library has perfect tags according to picard and are all artist1/artist2. Ill do some more testing on id3 2.4 where ; is used as a separator. Is there any disadvantages of using id3 2.4? Bummer I have to change my entire library because of AC/DC. Thanks for you help.

Thankfully you do not have to change all your music files, there are other options!

Another solution would be to change the Kodi item separator to "/" (no spaces) in the advancedsettings.xml file. Do you have any AC/DC (or any other artists with "/" in their name)? If not, and your music is consistently tagged with slash as a separator, then this will work.

Picard scripts can also be used to modify the ARTISTS tag replacing slash with space-slash-space. It is unfortunate that Picard tagged just "/" with no spaces in the first place, not a good choice of delimiter.

I think the possible disadvantage with 2.4 over 2.3 is that not all older players support it, so it depends if you use other older player than Kodi. But 2.4 does allow for tags to have multiple values in ways that 2.3 does not, so fields often don't have a separator at all. But whatever separator is used, when there is one, it needs to be consistent and it has to be set in Kodi. I don't see that a change to 2.4 will particularly help you in this situation.

Of course the one, and possibly confusing, exception to the consistent item separator rule is musicbrainz ids. Kodi parses the string of multiple musicbrainz ids regardless of the separators.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Dave that all makes sense. Thanks for all your hard work.
(2016-01-14, 14:19)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2016-01-14, 11:25)DaveBlake Wrote: Of course the one, and possibly confusing, exception to the consistent item separator rule is musicbrainz ids. Kodi parses the string of multiple musicbrainz ids regardless of the separators.

That's interesting to know, so it makes no difference if you have MB_ID / MB_ID or MB_ID/MB_ID

At the time, it was reasoned that because MBID had a known, mandatory format it was easy to parse the tag into individual MBID's regardless of separator character used. You can't do that with strings that allow just about any sequence of character data, and also using separators that are printable characters.

scott s.
(2016-01-12, 18:03)tkgafs Wrote:
(2016-01-11, 06:17)scott967 Wrote: I've been playing around a bunch with MyMusicPlaylist and with the Jarvis change that allows absolute focus in lists I have it working pretty well with both party mode and regular mode.

scott s.

Does this mean that the artwork for the currently playing track will be displayed in playlists by default (he asks hopefully) rather than the item in focus usually the first track in the list

any update to this question ?
First, sorry for jumping in here - Do ignore me and this babble if I have read and understood this the wrong way!!

But.. To my knowledge this regex-excersice sounds reversed. Whatever divides the musicbrainz ids (whatever that is..) should not matter as what needs to be identified is one or more blocks matching the pattern dcb03ce3-67a5-4eb3-b2d1-2a12d93a38f3. (Something like (\w{8}-\w{4}-\w{4}-\w{4}-\w{12}) - Why are you discussing the dividers when they don't matter?

Also, and a slightly unrelated rant, sorry again - skip if you like - what the f.. is this musicbrainz new-kid-on-the-block latest not-human-readable no-thankyou stuff? Well, to be honest, I don't really care as long as you aren't forcing it down my throat!? I have thousands of albums and a re-scan will take forever! Also, Is it part of any organization or just some random dudes hacking something up? Im sorry but storing data in my files that is simply a (temporary) key to some obscure site of the internet goes against all common sence. The storing of hard meta-data is cool, but storing 235235-235-6-4-24-6-4-26-42-64-6246-whoop-de-doo.. Really..!?! Have you all lost it??

What I'd like to know is where is the missing artwork-designer, producer/mixer etc.. tags, and where is the good meta-data? proper release dates (yyyy-mm-dd) and proper genres please. ("oldies" and "pop" is not genres). Why not just get it all from wikipedia? And if the autobots are too stupid to find the proper page (really easy task for 99% of the time), ask the user if multiple options are available.

Peace all - and thanks for your hard work Smile
I'm still looking for a useful contribution in the above post but I can barely make out what language it is to begin with...
The language is sarcasm and I have to admit that I giggled quite a bit while reading it.
(2016-01-17, 22:09)tkgafs Wrote:
(2016-01-12, 18:03)tkgafs Wrote:
(2016-01-11, 06:17)scott967 Wrote: I've been playing around a bunch with MyMusicPlaylist and with the Jarvis change that allows absolute focus in lists I have it working pretty well with both party mode and regular mode.

scott s.

Does this mean that the artwork for the currently playing track will be displayed in playlists by default (he asks hopefully) rather than the item in focus usually the first track in the list

Yes it does, but it's OT here.

scott s.
(2016-01-18, 21:03)Torben Wrote: First, sorry for jumping in here - Do ignore me and this babble if I have read and understood this the wrong way!!

But.. To my knowledge this regex-excersice sounds reversed. Whatever divides the musicbrainz ids (whatever that is..) should not matter as what needs to be identified is one or more blocks matching the pattern dcb03ce3-67a5-4eb3-b2d1-2a12d93a38f3. (Something like (\w{8}-\w{4}-\w{4}-\w{4}-\w{12}) - Why are you discussing the dividers when they don't matter?

Also, and a slightly unrelated rant, sorry again - skip if you like - what the f.. is this musicbrainz new-kid-on-the-block latest not-human-readable no-thankyou stuff? Well, to be honest, I don't really care as long as you aren't forcing it down my throat!? I have thousands of albums and a re-scan will take forever! Also, Is it part of any organization or just some random dudes hacking something up? Im sorry but storing data in my files that is simply a (temporary) key to some obscure site of the internet goes against all common sence. The storing of hard meta-data is cool, but storing 235235-235-6-4-24-6-4-26-42-64-6246-whoop-de-doo.. Really..!?! Have you all lost it??

What I'd like to know is where is the missing artwork-designer, producer/mixer etc.. tags, and where is the good meta-data? proper release dates (yyyy-mm-dd) and proper genres please. ("oldies" and "pop" is not genres). Why not just get it all from wikipedia? And if the autobots are too stupid to find the proper page (really easy task for 99% of the time), ask the user if multiple options are available.

Peace all - and thanks for your hard work Smile

Well, I guess the core question is on-line data vs in-tag data. If you have everything you want in tags, then it is of no import. The problem is doing online searches based on names (more of an issue than for release titles but probably still has some relevance there too). Using a GUID has advantages (which is why GUIDs exist in the first place). Try using a search engine and plug in a music GUID and see what I mean. As far as wiki, well maybe with the 'Beatles' but try the common Korean surname 이 and the common romanizations of it as Lee/Rhee/Yi and then surname first or surname last?

A second issue is how to parse the 'artist' and 'album artist' tag, given that there are stylistic variations that users want to capture aside from a forced-standardized 'name' or 'title'.

A third issue is the meaning of a 'compilation'.

scott s.
Torben, if you don't want to use mbids than simply don't tag with them. Clearly you have no artists with the same name in your music collection or you would find them useful.

Producer and mixer tags (along with others) will be processed by Krypton.

Genre is whatever you set it to in your tags. If you are seeing "pop" or "oldies" then that is how your music is tagged.
Thanks. I do see the need for - in some special cases - to have a better and unique artist ID. And to cater for this project musicnrainz is fine by me, but it shouldnt clutter the artist or artists tag nor make it impossible to have two artists/People share a name. Hopefully this picard thingy adds seperate specialized tags. Looking very much forward to K and the added tags. Thanks again.

Also this is all just about getting the stuff into the Kodi database right? Needs to be done one time.

Actually id like to see a peoples table instead of seperate actor/artist. And a "band name" table. Better yet; album entries on people, as bands rarely stay the same.
(2016-01-18, 23:03)scott967 Wrote:
(2016-01-17, 22:09)tkgafs Wrote:
(2016-01-12, 18:03)tkgafs Wrote: Does this mean that the artwork for the currently playing track will be displayed in playlists by default (he asks hopefully) rather than the item in focus usually the first track in the list

Yes it does, but it's OT here.

scott s.

Im now running 16 release candidate 2 but dont see this working is there an option somewhere I need to set ?
Can anyone explain how to get currently playing track's artwork to be displayed by default in playlists I am now running Kodi release 16, but still cant find any way to do it
(2016-02-21, 16:27)tkgafs Wrote: Can anyone explain how to get currently playing track's artwork to be displayed by default in playlists I am now running Kodi release 16, but still cant find any way to do it

Need to know what skin you are using, and what view / viewmode you are in.

scott s.
Just using the confluence skin and viewing it with either a view of list or media info, the artwork displayed is always the track first on the list or the track I have moved the cursor over, Id like it to work the way partymode does so that the currently playing track has its artwork displayed by default
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Development0