Solved Issue with periodic audio "skipping"
have the 15.1 release installed on OSX and the audio for flac (96/24, 192/24, 2.0 or 5.1 channel) sometimes seems to "skip" every few seconds where the skip is very brief (< 1s). almost as if the audio cuts out.

any suggestions on how to triage this?

audio is output over HDMI, 7.1 channel setup; running on latest mac mini, yosemite, 8 GB, hared-wired network conenction and media mounted over SMB from an ubuntu snapraid server

i haven't tested video yet to see if the issue manifests itself there as well. will try, but curious if anyone else has had this issue or similar.
debug log (wiki)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
TheShoe,

In your case, does the video sort of have to speed up then to try and compensate for the audio glitch?

I've noticed this a bit as well in recent builds, but chalked it up to bad rips...Now I'm starting to see it more.

Memphiz, if I can duplicate the problem reliably in a video I'll get a nice debug log for you with details on when the problem happened.
(2015-08-19, 03:37)BDPNA Wrote: TheShoe,

In your case, does the video sort of have to speed up then to try and compensate for the audio glitch?

I've noticed this a bit as well in recent builds, but chalked it up to bad rips...Now I'm starting to see it more.

Memphiz, if I can duplicate the problem reliably in a video I'll get a nice debug log for you with details on when the problem happened.

I haven't had an issue with video other than an audio synch issue where -250ms seems to do the trick (same as Plex interestingly). This is strictly with FLAC audio file playback.

Anyway - I haven't had a chance yet to get back to this. I intend to, but have been busy with other things...
finally got the debug log file:

debug log

this was playing a 7 min track of a 5.1 48Khz flac audio file

note this does not happen every time.

i'm also streaming the audio from an ubuntu server with the drive mounted over SMB.

i checked read/write speed which is 109 MB/s which should be plenty fast for this.
ok - sometimes the obvious is missed - advancedsettings.xml was not loading; seems it was in rtf format, not plain text.

fixed that and now re-testing with my buffer settings... if not resolved i'll regen a new Debug Log and post
RESOLVED

pilot error - my advancedsettings.xml file was not loading because it was RTF and not TXT format. duh!

...and thus the network/buffer settings I set were not being applied.

so far 30 mins of various mixed format flacs and not a single problem. never been able to do that long without issues
last post on this:

the problem is definitely resolved. hours of listening to various FLAC files of multiple channels, but depths, and sample rates, and not a single issue. here are my settings for the curious:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <network>
        <cachemembuffersize>157286400</cachemembuffersize>
        <buffermode>1</buffermode>
        <readbufferfactor>20</readbufferfactor>
    </network>
</advancedsettings>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issue with periodic audio "skipping"0