WIP Greenscreen Mod
Hey guys. Let me preface by saying that I'm just now learning to skin and although this is not completely new to me, working with Kodi skins is (I know some of the words, but I can't quite speak the language). Eventually, once I'm more comfortable with what I'm doing, I hope to start development on my own skin, but until then I've been learning by modding Cirrus.

Anyway, with that said I thought I'd share some of what I've done.

UPDATE (8/31/2015): New images for Showcase Mod and Landscape.

watch gallery

Code:
CHANGELOG (So far)

SHOWCASE MOD
>>>Changed Coverart size & spacing – Bigger
>>>Changed Fixedlist to Wraplist (due to Fixedlist will not jump from end to beginning)
>>>Changed Fanart & Extrafanart size – Bigger
>>>New Background /Overlay images
>>>Fixed Animations – Each Item drops together (e.g. Right side art and overlays/backgrounds) for more fluid animation.
>>>Added new backgrounds for Moviesets coverart
>>>Added coverart for Moviesets (up to 8).
>>>Changed Discart location and animation – Slides from right and spins
>>>Removed ondown “ActivateWindow(1121)” .  Play Trailer Fullscreen can now be accessed from “View Options”.
>>>Added percentage played icon on focused item for partially watched video.
>>>A lot of xml cleanup.

LANDSCAPE FANART – nka LANDSCAPE
>>>Complete layout change
>>>New background/overlay images
>>>Uses landscape images (instead of fanart)
>>>Uses fanart and clearlogo if landscape is missing
>>>Added coverart for Moviesets (up to 10)
>>>Removed ondown “ActivateWindow(1121)” .  Play Trailer Fullscreen can now be accessed from “View Options”.
>>>Many other changes and xml cleanup.
>>>More changes still to do.

DOUBLE FANART
>>>New Background/Overlay images
>>>Changed size and spacing of coverart – Bigger
>>>Complete layout change of metadata and extra art
>>>Changed Discart location and animation
>>>Change view ID (725) and include name (Double_Fanart)
>>>Fixed scrollbar navigation.  Up, down, left & right now works correctly (needed to change id from 60 to 62)
>>>Added percentage played icon on focused item for partially watched video.
>>>More changes still to do.

COMPACT
>>>Layout Change – made it actually “compact”
>>>New background/overlay images
>>>Added  TV Shows and Seasons to view
>>>Added Scroll bar which was missing
>>> Added Hide Coverart Overlay to View Options
>>>Added Hide Clearlogo and Studio to View Options -  for a simpler look
>>>Added Watching percentage icons for selected item
>>>Added slide animations for meta data/background & clearlogo, studio and background
>>>Many  more changes

VIEW OPTIONS
>>>Changed background
>>>Changed button color
>>>Added “Play Trailer in Fullscreen”
>>> Fixed button id’s – was not scrolling correctly depending on visible settings
>>> Added new buttons for Compact view

MOVIE INFORMATION
>>>Added “Get Artwork – Auto”  (Will download all artwork for selected item)
>>>Changed “Get Artwork” to “Get Artwork – Manual”

MISC. CHANGES
>>> Moved fanart overlay “dim” to MyVideoNav.xml – from ViewVideoFanart.xml
>>> Added new “dim” overlay – will eventually have different selectable overlays for different effects
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Looks pretty cool. Like the modded Showcase Mod view. Smile
Good to see some action again in this skin thread Smile Your work looks good.
Maybe all together we can make something fresh out of this skin.
(2015-08-14, 12:41)Rufoo Wrote: Looks pretty cool. Like the modded Showcase Mod view. Smile

Thanks, after staring at it for a little while though I wasn't too happy with it so I made a few changes.

It felt out of place with the rest of the theme so I changed it to match up a little better.

(2015-08-14, 13:14)paradix Wrote: Good to see some action again in this skin thread Smile Your work looks good.
Maybe all together we can make something fresh out of this skin.

Thanks. It's a been a little bit of a slow go since I'm learning as I go, but I'll try to contribute were I can.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
That's awesome. I started doing my SexyCirrus project to expand the views in the gaming section, mostly out of part curiosity, and part of just wanting things for my purposes. I didn't know a thing about what I was dealing with and learned as I went along and by breaking stuff and understanding how. The element of discovery is fun. Keep at it. Smile
Thanks again.

I've actually been meaning to start getting into skinning for a while but just haven't had the time or the energy to get started. Wink

Anyway, I've updated the first post and added a download link for what I've done so far if anyone want's to take a look and make any suggestions. Just keep in mind it's really dirty right now and there's going to be things that aren't fixed yet (but it shouldn't break anything, it just won't look right).

Also, it has a different ID so you can add it along side another version of Cirrus.
Here's a short video showing the modded Showcase Mod.

The video was made using the video capture on my Nvidia Shield ATV. Ignore were the video appears to freeze since that was the video capture not the skin freezing.
wow i really like it. ill try it out on openelec.

can you change what you are seeing like disk art and so on? exsample turn it off.
Thanks tris20,

Right now I'm not opening this to the public (maybe in a few weeks if I get time to work on it). I want to, at the least, get all the video views finished before I release it to the public.

But yes, you will be able to turn off certain art work. Something already work, other things I just haven't gotten to yet and at the moment I'm focused more on layout than I am adding customizing features. Those things will be added, but since some of what I've done is major changes that is taking the majority of my time.
Nice..i like this mod. Just been looking on the forums for a new skin to try and ive always stepped away from this. dont know why.

Anyway, hows it going this mod? See its been a few weeks since the last post? Any closer to releasing it to the public?
beautiful
how do I download it?
Thanks, after staring at it for a little while though I wasn't too happy with it so I made a few changes.
I don't think it's abailable.ive been wanting to try it out for a while now and haven't seen a way to get info on it

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Greenscreen Mod0