• 4(current)
TheCocktailDB.com - An Open Cocktail Database with API
Hey, is the API itself on a github or somewhere we can play with it?

I'd really like to see this odd 'solid 15' thing going on with the ingredients and measurements just be put in an array. As it is basically now I have to create a binding to iterate across them and strip/trim the blank ones. It's really awkward.

the 'id' and 'str' prefixes are also a little strange... I feel like we're in .NET town Smile[/quote]
Hey, good job with the API. I was thinking of making an app for Amazon's Alexa for drinks etc and came across this API when researching data sources. I don't plan on monetizing at all, but rather just want to play and learn. Two questions I had - is it cool to leverage the API for that purpose, and if so will you be allowing people to add recipes at any time? I ask the later because I figure if someone asks for something and it cannot be found, I'll try to redirect them to the source sites (ex thecocktaildb) and tell them to add a recipe if they know one.

Best,
Kevin
(2016-03-28, 00:23)ktelford Wrote: Hey, good job with the API. I was thinking of making an app for Amazon's Alexa for drinks etc and came across this API when researching data sources. I don't plan on monetizing at all, but rather just want to play and learn. Two questions I had - is it cool to leverage the API for that purpose, and if so will you be allowing people to add recipes at any time? I ask the later because I figure if someone asks for something and it cannot be found, I'll try to redirect them to the source sites (ex thecocktaildb) and tell them to add a recipe if they know one.

Best,
Kevin

Adding cocktails is manual at the moment, just post here.

Sent an API key via pm to you Wink
(2016-03-24, 21:38)zsock Wrote: Hey, is the API itself on a github or somewhere we can play with it?

I'd really like to see this odd 'solid 15' thing going on with the ingredients and measurements just be put in an array. As it is basically now I have to create a binding to iterate across them and strip/trim the blank ones. It's really awkward.

the 'id' and 'str' prefixes are also a little strange... I feel like we're in .NET town Smile

The api can be used live, just copy the url into a web browser and view with the json viewer chrome add-on.

As for the 15 ingredients and measures, thats just how the database works. A simple if loop != NULL should work.

The database fields are named after the xbmc database for historical reasons so that wont be changing Wink
Zag, could you send me an API key for this please? Thank you
(2016-04-13, 18:17)ckhori Wrote: Zag, could you send me an API key for this please? Thank you

Sure PM sent.

For my records, whats the app?
Hey Zag!

I'm considering using the database, great work so far! Out of curiousity, do you have plans to open source the query code?

I'd be happy to help increase the flexibility of the API. One thing I am looking for is to be able search on multiple ingredients at once - is this something you think you might looking at implementing?

Thanks!
Can I get an API Key? Looking to make a personal App for my bar that pulls down recipes based on ingredients.
(2016-04-17, 11:54)dead_salt Wrote: Hey Zag!

I'm considering using the database, great work so far! Out of curiousity, do you have plans to open source the query code?

I'd be happy to help increase the flexibility of the API. One thing I am looking for is to be able search on multiple ingredients at once - is this something you think you might looking at implementing?

Thanks!

It wont be opensourced, but i'm happy to improve it if you specifically request something. Assuming it doesn't break backwards compatibility then I will usually implement it.
(2016-04-18, 03:17)javathehut1 Wrote: Can I get an API Key? Looking to make a personal App for my bar that pulls down recipes based on ingredients.

Sure API key sent via PM
You may not know the answer - but I'm struggling with HTML to pull data. An example is trying to pull "http://www.thecocktaildb.com/api/json/v1/1/filter.php?i="+ingredient, with ingredient being something like "Tequila". I've tried using javascript and jquery to no avail.
Hi Zag,

Im looking to use your database for a project. Could you PM me an API key? also i cant access the API through python, cloudflare blocks the request.

Thanks a lot
I've made a change to the cloudflare settings, can you test now with python?

Also I need to know the name of your project.
Hi Zag,
Could you send me the API key? I am interested in integrating the database within my alcohol delivery app. We are creating a recipes section and this could be perfect! Great job! Smile
Hey zag, cool idea, good job. I would like to use ur API for my iOS and Android app. Can you PM me for more info about API limitations, Key and some info Smile?

Most of cocktails recipes in Filter API call are missing images (example: http://www.thecocktaildb.com/api/json/v1...?i=Bourbon) will you provide them sometime? Can I somehow help with uploading images ?

And last question Big Grin, can You make a API call that can filter by all parameters g,i,c,a Smile (example: http://www.thecocktaildb.com/api/json/v1...&i=Bourbon) . At the moment if i make API call like this i get result filtered only by first filter parameter.

I can promote your website in apps.

Thanks in advace Smile.

PS: Atm the forum isn't allowing me to PM You. But I will wait for your answer Smile.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheCocktailDB.com - An Open Cocktail Database with API2