Solved Wall view modification
Hi all

I love the wall view, but the fact that you get the menu to show when you reach the top, and a cover shown when you reach the bottom, is not suitable imo.
Is it possible that when you reach the top, it just stops and doesn't do anything? And the same with the bottom.
When you want to bring up the menu you can go out from the side of the wall view, or something else.

Thanks
David
Hi David

If you open viewswall.xml in a xml editor. (viewswall.xml is inside the 720p folder of the aeon mq skin)

Find the lines 54 and 55 where it says

Code:
<onup>9900</onup>
<ondown>9920</ondown>

Replace them with the following
Code:
<!--<onup>9900</onup>-->
<!--<ondown>9920</ondown>-->

Save changes. Then restart kodi or switch to a different skin then switch back to aeon mq and see if it works.
@ the_bo

Thanks man!

That worked like a charm! Smile
I have studied this issue for a while. In many cases the viewmode is inherently horizontal, so going up to get top menu makes sense, other places the viewmode is vertical so just the opposite. Some viewmodes though are kind of both so what is "natural" or" right" I can't easily determine. The TV EPG timeline in particular scrolls both left-right and up-down so no logical way to get to the top menu. You could perhaps put the top menu in its own dialog that you could easily pop-up but it might be difficult communicating between the dialog and the viewmode. I've pretty much tried to avoid tearing up the skin and keeping it true to what Marcos Qui gave us.

scott s.
Hey Scott

Yeah I know that it's quite an impossible task to make everybody 100% satisfied, because we all have our own preferable settings Smile
One of the things I like with Aeon MQ is that it's very customizable, and people on the forum are always ready to help with tweaks Tongue

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wall view modification0