• 11(current)
Audio drops if Enable Passthru is enabled
No support for S912 devices with LibreELEC is exactly one of the reasons why I put a big fat warning on the START HERE Kodi Hardware thread saying the AML S912 was not a recommended Kodi device.

Anyone reading this thread. Buy AMLogic S905 devices only and use recommended devices from the LibreELEC AMLogic sub forum thread if you want proper Kodi Audio 5.1/7.1 Passthrough support. Otherwise for everyone else, good luck with Audio passthough on these unsupported AMLogic Android devices.

Is it possible to modify the LibreELEC from S905 and mod it for S912.
Considering that both S905/S912 are similar in architecture I think its gotta be possible?
Any advise from experts here is appreciated.
(2016-10-12, 18:46)resansid Wrote: Is it possible to modify the LibreELEC from S905 and mod it for S912.
Considering that both S905/S912 are similar in architecture I think its gotta be possible?
Any advise from experts here is appreciated.

From reading the LibraElec forums it's not going to happen anytime soon...
I'm having a similar problem, but doesn't seem like it's the same.

I'm getting 2.0 Stereo absolutely fine through my Pioneer Amp on Jarvis via Android TV.

However, as soon as a stream becomes available in 5.1, the sound completely drops - there is no sound at all and I have to restart the whole box to get sound again. When I restart it the problem happens again.

Anyone having similar problems and is there a fix out there - I've tried everything I think I knowHuh??

Pioneer VSX-921
MK3, Android TV, 4.4.2
Kodi, Jarvis 16
Hi,
I've just received my Mini 8SII 1GB Ram 8GB Rom today. (Build p212-userdebug 6.0.1 MHC19J 20161022 test-keys)

I tried DTS playback and I have no prob at all from my Yamaha receiver.
I stil have have 2 issues
1- No CEC
2- No 24P mode.

Btw, it sometimes crashes....(kodi stopped)
Overall I think the video decoder has very good quality and sharp picture.

I also own a Raspberry PI 2 running current OSMC version without these 2 issues.

Any idea?

Thx
I have the 2GB/8GB Mini M8S II / Android 6.0.1 /Build: p212-userdebug 6.0.1 MHC19J 20161013 test-keys

- HDMI CEC switched off (When ON, it wil reboot the box every 20 secs)
- Sounds/ Digital sounds: Auto detection off, PCM selected

Pioneer VSX-817 connected through optical SPDIF

Kodi 16.1 Jarvis
- Activated Passthrough and selected capable AC3 and DTS receiver.
- Switched off 'Amcodec' hardware acceleration in Video/Acceleration. (this causes Kodi to crash randomly / 'Kodi Stopped')

When playing a .mkv with DTS or DD my receiver automatically switches to DTS or DD.
When playing a .mkv with DTS-HD my receivers switches automatically to DTS 96/24

This is the first 'cheap tv box' where passthrough is working since a long time. Nod

Hopefully the CEC issue will be solved in a next firmware update. (And keeps passthrough working)
Using librelec and booting directly to Kodi from a external micro sd card,solved every issues...impressive and easy!!!
So im having the same issue. Audio keep dropping every few seconds

This happens in kodi and with android box video player

.. i have tried a few versions of kodi and nothing solved it. Tried all sorts of settings for audio snd video

... i finaly found the issues (well at least for me).. Im running in 4k2k.. I tried all 4k modes available to me and it happens on all of them. I switched to 1080p 60hz and problem gone.

Now my TV has 5 HDMI ports. Ports 1-4 suppoet up to 30hz... port 5 up to 60hz

I connected the hdmi to port 5 set box to 4k2k-60hz .. audio dropping has gone away .. problem is related to the hz settings on 4k. Im not sure yet if it does it on 720p and 1080p on 23-25k (excluding 60hz were i know it works)
Same issues without debuglogs is as helpful as throwing a penny into a river for better health ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Yep agreed, about as useful as Tits on a Bull ! Wink

(2016-11-16, 20:41)RCLampie Wrote: I have the 2GB/8GB Mini M8S II / Android 6.0.1 /Build: p212-userdebug 6.0.1 MHC19J 20161013 test-keys

- HDMI CEC switched off (When ON, it wil reboot the box every 20 secs)
- Sounds/ Digital sounds: Auto detection off, PCM selected

Pioneer VSX-817 connected through optical SPDIF

Kodi 16.1 Jarvis
- Activated Passthrough and selected capable AC3 and DTS receiver.
- Switched off 'Amcodec' hardware acceleration in Video/Acceleration. (this causes Kodi to crash randomly / 'Kodi Stopped')

When playing a .mkv with DTS or DD my receiver automatically switches to DTS or DD.
When playing a .mkv with DTS-HD my receivers switches automatically to DTS 96/24

This is the first 'cheap tv box' where passthrough is working since a long time. Nod

Hopefully the CEC issue will be solved in a next firmware update. (And keeps passthrough working)

same box as mine, different avr but same needs. never hd the cec issue, luckily.
what about kodi 17?
I'm wondering if there's a new firmware to solve some issue... like netflix hd or kodi 17 and passthrough
Philips TV here (PUS7601 with ANDROID 6.01 fw).
SPMC seems to run better than kodi since the marshmallow update, but passthrough SPDIF (transcoded to AC3 due to semi-broken fw) has sound dropping for half a second every minute or so.

Regular KODi does not have that issue, but I am having problems with playing some vids with regular KODI as opposed to SPMC branch (plus, regular KODI stutters on Marshmallow; SPMC runs perfectly, this bug aside).

Any suggested fix?
Lightbulb 
I saw it too late but i guess i will leave it here or if someone else want to remove it since it is not relevant for Android as my solution is for Ubuntu...(i cannot remove my post for some reason!)

I found a way that might work for this issue. Pulseaudio is the system that handle sound and in the config file a way to handle sound is disabled and the solution is to activate that again:

edit with "sudo nano /etc/pulse/default.pa" in terminal (or "sudo gedit /etc/pulse/default.pa")

### Load audio drivers statically
### (it's probably better to not load these drivers manually, but instead
### use module-udev-detect -- see below -- for doing this automatically)
#load-module module-alsa-sink
#load-module module-alsa-source device=hw:1,0
#load-module module-oss device="/dev/dsp" sink_name=output source_name=input
#load-module module-oss-mmap device="/dev/dsp" sink_name=output source_name=input
#load-module module-null-sink
#load-module module-pipe-sink

to make it look like this instead

### Load audio drivers statically
### (it's probably better to not load these drivers manually, but instead
### use module-udev-detect -- see below -- for doing this automatically)
load-module module-alsa-sink
load-module module-alsa-source device=hw:1,0
load-module module-oss device="/dev/dsp" sink_name=output source_name=input
load-module module-oss-mmap device="/dev/dsp" sink_name=output source_name=input
load-module module-null-sink
load-module module-pipe-sink

If you used nano to edit you save by ctrl O
reboot computer, or possible restart pulseaudio (I don't know how)

Then change sound settings under system settings for sound to use alsa instead of pulseaudio and see if that helps! For me sound works without any sound drops with hdmi and my receiver is recognized as well!
Not really ... that's also wrong for Ubuntu, especially as you want to use ALSA and not PA.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio drops if Enable Passthru is enabled3