pvr.mythtv channels show up in "Channels", but not in "Guide"
I'm using an HDHomerun along with schedules direct for guide data. I have a myhtbuntu backend and a raspberry pi2 frontend running the latest nightly of openelec "jarvis". This has been an ongoing problem, it's just that I'd like to fix it now if possible.

I have scanned all my channels in the mythtv box and schedules direct seems to be getting the guide data just fine for the channels that it has information for. In kodi, when I bring up the TV/Channels menu, I see all the channels that should be there. When I bring up TV/Guide, a bunch are missing (I assume because schedules direct isn't supplying data for them). I have the System/Settings/TV/Guide/Hide (No Information available) labels unchecked.

Looking at the mythweb Settings/Channel Info, the only things showing up in the kodi "TV/Guide" are the channels that have an XMLTVID number. If that is blank, that channel doesn't appear in the kodi "TV/Guide" listing, though it does appear in the Kodi "TV/Channels" list. This seems to be the key factor in all this.

I'd like for the locally active channels (even those with no xmltvid) to show in the Guide listing (for my wife of course) even if there is no schedules direct information for them. What do I need to do to fix this?
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.
This is a kodi 'feature'. If there isn't any guide data for a channel, it won't appear in the guide. My wife complained about exactly the same issue ;-).

The first thing I would try is to see if you can find the xmltvid for those missing channels which schedules direct provides and enter that into the 'channels' table on your backend.
If that doesn't work, you could try setting 'useonairguide' for the channels which schedules direct doesn't provide guide data for, but if there isn't any on-air guide either that won't work.
The last chance is to create some 'pseudo' guide data and feed that in to the backend (I haven't tried that myself).

Otherwise, you could create a PR for Jarvis to add a 'Show channels with no guide data in EPG view' button.

I eventually fixed my wife's problem by fixing my guide data (I had the wrong xmltvid for that channel) so I haven't bothered investigating the other options myself.
It seems to be the correct behaviour. The guide view is for showing guide data. No guide data means there is nothing to show.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Okay, thanks for the replies folks. My wife doesn't really consider it a feature to not be able to see channels just because there is no guide data available. As we all know, the "customer" is always right. Wink

It all seems to hinge on there not being an xmltvid value in the database. I'm wondering what will happen should I enter some bogus (made up) xmltvid values. I will soon find out. Wink

News Flash:
It seems xmltvid is NOT the absolute decision maker. After enabling EIT in the backend, some channels without an xmltvid are showing up in the TV/Guide screen. Anyone know when EIT data is collected? I assume that it is when you manually tune to a channel from the TV/Channels. Or does the backend use an available tuner to flip through the channels and collect information from the broadcaster?
EIT is collected using any available tuner. The mythtv backend schedules the collection (there are some configurable options in the backend, but the defaults are fine, unless you are using ACPI to shut down mythtv backend when idle).

Mike
Okay, thanks for the information. So far I'm liking EIT on some channels, even some that have schedules direct information. I had several channels that SD didn't have data for, but EIT does. Naturally, that expanded my guide information and channel list.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pvr.mythtv channels show up in "Channels", but not in "Guide"0