Bug Kodi 15 and 15.1-rc randomly missing sound when playing a video
Yeah - I think what is happening here is, that PA reports a large delay, I clamp it to let's say 400 ms - but AE wants us to flush and therefore there should be zero delay :-(
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
But why does the reported delay value depend on "best match" output setting? That should only affect the sampling rate etc., not the delay.
It's a side effect ... PA does it fully "transparent" - kodi can open whatever kodi wants - the PA server decides about format, sample rate and conversions. So if we open 192 khz for example it is resampled in PA server without our influence later on. This affects delay for sure.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Here: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/8139

I have rewritten the PA GetDelay and now have some very, very good values by calculating it manually. Please make sure to test 15.2-rc3 and report back if this solves your issue.
Here some pics:

Units: y axis: ms

As you can see especially with the combined sink or network sink - PA's delay produces big errors. From the local error you can see that the buffer fill is not incorporated in PA.
Can you help me where can I find ppa with rc3 build (and then how to get back to the wsnipex xbmc-nightly ppa if I have to)? Thank you.
Not build anywhere ... will need some time ... will appear in the unstable ppa when it is released.
Can you please ping me on IRC?
I will post here after there is a version to test.
Thanks. And please make sure to keep the old version too, just in case Wink
Hi, I have a ubuntu 14.10 that I use for kodi only, same problem.
Consider me too for testing if needed Smile
14.10 is not supported anymore and won't receive any updates by Ubuntu - we cannot package anything for it ...

You should also not have receipt 15.0 at all ... and 14.2 definitely does not have this issue.
Ok thanks, I'll do a kodi backup and update my ubuntu then
Please try: https://launchpad.net/~team-xbmc/+archiv...u/unstable after the new builds are finished.

This has the PA Delay rework integrated: https://launchpad.net/~team-xbmc/+archiv...ld/7946411
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:team-xbmc/unstable
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

in case of problems, provide kodi.log please.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 15 and 15.1-rc randomly missing sound when playing a video0