DVD Eject button in Linux still broken ?
I eventually got the DVD Eject feature to work in my Lubuntu based main system by using udev-glue and thought nothing of it.
However today I was setting up a Kodi 15.0 install on my daughters Opensuse system mainly for streaming movies whilst she is at college and has access to a fast connection. However just as an afterthought I decided to test the DVD player since she has a significant collection of DVD's. Plays first disk after bootup if it is in the drive but refuses to Eject thereafter. I set her as part of group ROOT which helps with a privilages issues particular to Opensuse (where they are fascistic about access privilages and only allow ROOT to Eject DVD's - mad, simply insane) but that still doesn't enable the Eject feature in Kodi. I tried the usual solutions of modifying the Udev rule and setting the sysctl to LOCK=0 and nothing seems to work. Eject in Gnome, after adding the user to the ROOT group, is fine and all other programs used to play DVD's work fine. It seems I am doomed to tell her to use Kaffine as her DVD player.

It staggers me that this issue has lingered for it seems like 5years at this stage (judging by by searches) and no one has dug into it enough to resolve it. It seems to be fading as an issue as DVD's are been superseded by Live streaming, but that seems fairly poor for Kodi to have this error for so damn long. I don't expect to find a solution to this.

Stephen

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVD Eject button in Linux still broken ?0