Kodi on windows. Using iPad to view?
Hi all

I'm developing a home automation / media system at the moment for my house and really want to use Kodi for the front end as it's pretty much all there. I would need to change a few things to work my lighting etc (running fibaro) but that's advanced stuff down the line.
My first problem is how to control Kodi that's installed on my home server/HTPC (Windows 7) using an IPad that I want to mount on the wall.
I have tried 2 options so far.
1) A VNC viewer, However all I get is a black screen. Forcing it into window mode I get a picture but it's very laggy to control.
2) Install Kodi on an iPad. I have also tried this and it runs great on an iPad. However I want to be able to play music through my sonos system and tell it to play movies on a certain TV for example. I don't know if this is possible if the iPad is rendering all the data and not sending it out. (All my TV's are connected via an HDMI matrix which my home server is connected to. I can turn on a TV currently anywhere in the house and watch/control Kodi...Just not from a mounted controller.

Is there some way I can just use an iPad as a controller for a windows install of Kodi? I need to customise it remember so any of the standard IOS apps are out.

Thanks
Mat
Use Web interface
Wow thanks! I didn't even know that existed.

Trying out the chorus skin at the moment, Looks great apart from the little quirks due to the ipad.
Because the iPad is a touch interface I'd suggest using a touch skin if launching it with KODI. (Such as Re-Touched for max compatibility)

View link here for compatibility with touch support (columns on the right side indicate support for touch in green): http://kodi.wiki/view/Skin_features_compatibility_list

Web interface will let you control your KODI instance/s from any browser, i.e. safari
I cannot find a way to use Re-touched via the web interface. I don't think that's a supported web interface skin?
Maybe a little misunderstanding?

Re-touched is a KODI only skin, the web interface is browser based of which you can utilize the following interface/s: wTouch, XWMM and AWXi (also default one)
i use this i have the pro version
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=208371

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi on windows. Using iPad to view?0