Video Freezing with HDMI Audio
hello everyone, so I have a newly rebuilt HTPC, It currently have an ASUS E35M1-I, 4GB DDR3, ASUS RADEON HD3600 PCIx, Blueray/HD-DVD Drive, 300GB SATA HD.

I have done a clean install of Windows 10 Pro, and have all updates. installed Kodi 15.0 “Isengard” and did the usual config with the wizard.

ok the problem begins here, if you noticed I added a video card "ASUS RADEON HD3600" because it has a DUAL DVI port and also a DVI-HDMI + Audio adapter, if I connect the HTPC to the tv via the HDMI with the adapter I can hear sound events, like clicks etc. and I can go to System/settings/audio and select HDMI for audio. and still can hear sounds when I navigate on KODI, but as soon as I start a stream then KODI freezes, the working popup stops and I can hear sometimes audio but the whole pc is frozen. and a hard reset must be done. now if I change the video to a non-HDMI+Audio port or use just a DVI to HDMI cable that cannot send Audio, or even Analog audio, then everything plays ok. but I cannot get the correct video resolutions native to the TV.only HDMI can get it correct.

2ND problem, if I set windows at the native resolution 1920*1080 and then set KODI to same, the image is so big, that it does not fit on the screen and only partially is seen...Confused?

so KODI is set to like 1024*768 in order to fill correctly and not hide parts of the screen.

also would anyone know if it is better to remove the PCIx ATI HD3600 and leave the onboard HD6310 and get a dedicated sound card that has S/PDIF?
The 2nd problem sounds like your TV is displaying 1920x1080 signals with overscan (as it is a TV resolution which most TVs will default to overscanning) but may not display 1024x768 with overscan (as it is a PC resolution).

Look in your TV settings for a way of running 1:1 pixel matched with no overscan - this could be called 1:1, Full Pixel, Just Pixel, PC-mode, an option in picture size settings etc. If you name your specific TV model then someone here may be able to advise.

In the remote case that you can't defeat overscan then you can calibrate Kodi to compensate for TV overscan in set-up. It will then shrink the output from Kodi (but not Windows) to compensate. You may also find your AMD graphics drivers have an Overscan option which will do the same thing as Kodi's compensation (but possibly not as neatly). However it is better to get the display issue fixed rather than compensate in the PC if at all possible.

(The reason for Overscan is that TVs have always cropped a little bit from the edges of a video image to hide ragged edges, junk at the edges of frame etc. that broadcasters aren't expecting viewers to see. This is still the default delivered setting on even UHD TVs...)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Freezing with HDMI Audio0