Win Flirc and Samsung TV remote?
I own a Samsung TV that displays Kodi from my HTPC and I was wondering if I could use it to control Kodi. AFAIK Flirc can transform a regular TV remote into a Kodi remote, but I need to know a few things:

1) How to allow Flirc to recognize my TV remote?
2) Is it possible to control both Kodi and the TV menu with the same remote?

If the answer to #2 is "yes", then I'll order a Flirc dongle, since my remote already has pretty much all of the buttons I'd control Kodi with.

Thanks in advance.
1. You use the flirc software to configure the dongle to use with your remote. It is very easy. Once configured the dongle can be used in any pc. The dongle acts like a keyboard. So it will work with any device that can recognize a keyboard.

2. Yes, but some buttons will affect both kodi and tv. For example, if you set volume button for controlling kodi volume also, then pressing the volume button will change both tv and kodi volume.
(2015-08-16, 18:04)baijuxavior Wrote: 2. Yes, but some buttons will affect both kodi and tv. For example, if you set volume button for controlling kodi volume also, then pressing the volume button will change both tv and kodi volume.

I see. So it's probably better to use a dedicated remote for Kodi then...
Yes. Buy a universal remote control and use it to control both tv and kodi and your other devices.
(2015-08-17, 06:18)baijuxavior Wrote: Yes. Buy a universal remote control and use it to control both tv and kodi and your other devices.

The Harmony 650 seems really great for that. I think I'll get one.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Flirc and Samsung TV remote?0