Win 10 Isengard - cannot connect to remote server
Hi,

I'm running Kodi Isengard on a Windows 10 PC with a wired connection to my router on a private network. When I run the add-on Library Auto Updater I receive the following error message: -

Cannot connect to remote server. Would you like to continue scanning?

I've tried changing my firewall settings and have tried allowing Kodi access through Private, Public and both networks but it did not resolve the issue.

I've uploaded my debug file to the link below and would appreciate any assistance to resolve the issue.

http://xbmclogs.com/pwaynlnqk

Thanks
I had the same issue. I simply changed the port number from the default 80 to 81 - problem solved.

Hope that helps!
Hi Kalleanker,

Thanks I tried that but it did not resolve the issue, I also tried using different port numbers with no success.

Cheers
Interesting. I wokeup this morning and found that I have exactly the same problem as the OP.

I can access the NAS server that Kodi connects to using the PC through Windows explorer and also the Synology DiskStation web page but Kodi simply cannot see the NAS. Was working perfectly yeaterday when I last used it.

EDIT: Well, i just tried it again and its now working properly. Very odd, especially as I hadn't done anything to try to correct the problem.
(2015-08-16, 08:49)stigpepper Wrote: Hi,

I'm running Kodi Isengard on a Windows 10 PC with a wired connection to my router on a private network. When I run the add-on Library Auto Updater I receive the following error message: -

Cannot connect to remote server. Would you like to continue scanning?

I've tried changing my firewall settings and have tried allowing Kodi access through Private, Public and both networks but it did not resolve the issue.

I've uploaded my debug file to the link below and would appreciate any assistance to resolve the issue.

http://xbmclogs.com/pwaynlnqk

Thanks

Whereabouts is your media located and how have you added that source i.e. UPnP, MySQL, SMB, etc.
When you say 'private network' do you mean a VPN or just a class A, B or C private IP range i.e. 192.168.blah
You don't need a dedicated or additional addon to update your library, System > Settings > Video > Library > Update library on startup.

Also get rid of tvaddons before posting a debug log, you may find that you get a solution to your problem faster.
Media_Center_Master (wiki) || First_time_user (wiki) || Kodi Store || T-shirts: Villian, Protest, Graffiti, Emoji, Black on Black, K-18L
Hi,

I've my media located on a Netgear ReadyNas, each media type has been set-up as a mapped a drive on my PC e.g. V:\Video etc. and these have been set-up my library sources. I've start-up program on my PC which connects the mapped drives and I've wake on LAN set-up on Kodi to ensure it can connect to the shares on start-up.

The network is just a straight forward Ethernet connection directly to the router which is defined a Private Network by Windows. Both the PC and NAS have been set-up with static IP addresses.

Cheers I'll uninstall Library Auto Updater and will have set the library update on start-up. I use Add-On installer from the TVAddons repository but I can uninstall that and rerun the debug.

If you need further information please let me know. Thanks
Have you previuosly had success connecting to your NAS or is this a new setup? (in regards to Kodi)
Media_Center_Master (wiki) || First_time_user (wiki) || Kodi Store || T-shirts: Villian, Protest, Graffiti, Emoji, Black on Black, K-18L
Yes the PC that I've been experiencing the issue with has had Kodi running on it for some time now. I upgraded from win 8.1 to win 10 recently and also upgraded to Isengard around the same time and started to experience the issue.

I can access the media on my NAS but I receive the error message when the library updater runs both when using the out of box updater or the Library Auto Update add on.

I've another PC running win 7 and Isengard and an Android tablet running kodi 14 and have no issues with either of them.

FYI I also tried the following but the error was not resolved: -

Upgraded Kodi from 15 to 15.1
Disabled Windows Firewall
Turned off AVG antivirus

Cheers
bump
bump
^ Bump
Hi Guys,

I have the same issue, I have a clean Windows 10 load. I thought it was maybe related to me carrying my Kodi user profile across from previous loads. So i cleared everything of Kodi and did a fresh load, fresh library. I am still having the same issue: If i try to update my movie library "Cannot connect to the remote server".

I have disable my firewall and the issue persists. Kodi states under system info that "internet = Connected".

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
I had this message pupping up the las two days. The full text goes something like:
Cannot connect to the remote server. Unable to retrieve information about media.

I was able to access my local network content so the actual connection was fine. So the problem had to be connected to the retrieval online information about my content. Because my setup is the way it is, the only info kodi finds itself, is about my music videos. So I disabled scanning of my music videos and the problem disappeared. I guess the audiodb.org has problems for some reason.
SOLVED

Yes VortexDK that seems to be the root of the problem alright. I found 2 music video files were causing the issue one had an explanation mark in the title (Dig!) I removed the ! and it was scanned and added to my library. The other file was an .m4v file which was not recognised so I removed it and everything seems to be working perfectly now.
Hello...

I've been using the old Frodo XBMC until recently. I'm running Isengard on a new Windows 10 rig and loaded up my libraries. Music loaded fine, as did movies. Databases and fan art, summaries for movies, all good.

However, TV shows do not appear with the exception of one series. The files are in an AVI format. I've cleaned and repeatedly re-added, changed file names and folder. These titles appeared in the old Frodo version, so they are valid and recognized formats.

I am providing some log files for reference: http://xbmclogs.com/p0uucfpvr. I also have a videodb.xml file, but I cannot seem to attach to this Kodi forum message.

Please note that despite my many years of using XBMC, I am a mere novice with regard to the technical aspects of the programs, so I appreciate any explanations in laymen's terms! Thanks!

Jake

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Win 10 Isengard - cannot connect to remote server0