Win Real console hardware in Kodi
The Windows tag is just because I'm trying to do it in Windows but still.

Anyway, is it possible to make Kodi display a console's image through a PVR? I own an N64 which I could connect to my TV using component video and it would be great if a PVR application could display the image within Kodi without the need to switch into AV mode on my TV. Hopefully it's possible! So that I give some use to my old, dusty N64 while integrating it to my HTPC.
Yes I know of 1 way;

http://www.dvbviewer.tv/forum/topic/5651...ure-cards/

What kind of capture cards are supported I'm not quite sure, but I'm following the development for some obscure consoles with component out.
You might need a component to hdmi converter in order to get no input lag, several of the hauppage ones I knew back in the day (Windows Mediacenter + Snes when there was no real emulator support within the gui yet) had like a 1 sec input lag and gaming was impossible. So there's just 1 issue to think about if you want to go that way.

But yeah, it is possible just like the old days to have a channel "99" for scart/component in Smile
NextPVR would do this as well, but there would be a second or two delay, so wouldn't by able to actually play a game that way.
(2015-08-16, 15:21)Woppie Wrote: Yes I know of 1 way;

What kind of capture cards are supported I'm not quite sure, but I'm following the development for some obscure consoles with component out.
You might need a component to hdmi converter in order to get no input lag, several of the hauppage ones I knew back in the day (Windows Mediacenter + Snes when there was no real emulator support within the gui yet) had like a 1 sec input lag and gaming was impossible. So there's just 1 issue to think about if you want to go that way.

But yeah, it is possible just like the old days to have a channel "99" for scart/component in Smile

I know the N64 can be modded to use an HDMI cable, so there's no need for a converter.

Still, I'd probably need a capture card with two HDMI-in ports, because I also want to watch TV in Kodi, but I don't know if such a thing exists...

I could use one with a single HDMI port and hook the N64 into the component video port, but if that introduces lag, probably not worth it. Sad
(2015-08-17, 02:50)ldavet Wrote:
(2015-08-16, 15:21)Woppie Wrote: Yes I know of 1 way;

I know the N64 can be modded to use an HDMI cable, so there's no need for a converter.

Still, I'd probably need a capture card with two HDMI-in ports, because I also want to watch TV in Kodi, but I don't know if such a thing exists...

I could use one with a single HDMI port and hook the N64 into the component video port, but if that introduces lag, probably not worth it. Sad
All common HDMI capture devices, like Hauppauge HDPVR2 etc, all add a couple of seconds of delay to the stream you see on the PC. They're not really intended for playing on the PC though - just for recording. The game play is done by watching the HDMI passthrough on the TV.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Real console hardware in Kodi0