v15 Passthrough Dropouts
I recently upgraded to Kodi v15 and at the same time I upgraded my Minix NEO X7 to the latest OS & firmware Kitkat 240.
My Minix box is connected to a Denon HT receiver via HDMI which is in turn connected via HDMI to my Samsung TV.

It was all working fine beforehand but since the upgrades I keep getting 1 or 2 sec audio dropouts every 4 secs or so on any Passthrough audio.
When I turn passthrough off it works fine but used the Receivers processor to convert the audio to a PLII Cinema program; not as good.

I have managed to resolve the issue by returning to the latest Minix version of Kodi which seems to be base don an older version of Kodi.
It doesn't suffer the dropout issue but I would still be interested to know if there is a solution for using Kodi v15?
I'm having the same issues, see this thread
I've posted some logs but there is no feedback on this. Anyway it seems that is not related to a chipset, as Minix has rk3188
(2015-08-16, 16:00)720p Wrote: I'm having the same issues, see this thread
I've posted some logs but there is no feedback on this. Anyway it seems that is not related to a chipset, as Minix has rk3188

Thanks 720,
I will put a link to my issue description in your thread as you have had more replies and seem to have provided more info.
I have the same problem. Posting in the other thread.
Thanks everyone. I'll repost my issue to 720p thread also.
Hopefully get some traction there.....
I have a Mini MX with Kodi 16.0 and I'm getting a DD5.1 and DTS 5.1 audio dropout every 7 seconds lasting under a second. LPCM is always ok. Set to passthrough.

Any ides?
Any update anyone?
@cableguy Try the thread mentioned in previous posts in this thread for more info. It has more (and later) info while this thread is essentially dead.

As a matter of interest the issue still exists AFAIK and I have been running a different XBMC implementation called SPMC for a few months now. It's an older version and works fine for me.
If they fix this issue some day I will consider going back to Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Passthrough Dropouts1