AV Receiver Disappears as Source when off
Trying to find a solution to this one...
I bought a new AV receiver last week and hooked things up as follows:
Kodi PC (on Windows 10) > AV Receiver (Denon AVR-X100) > TV ---> all using HDMI cables.

When I go into settings I can happily choose the Denon AVR as my audio source and all works well.
HOWEVER - when I turn the AVR and TV off (done watching) - the PC stays on (I never turn it off), the audio source (Denon HDMI) disappears from the sources list and there is no sound after turning everything back on - the HDMI source is still missing in Kodi.

Is there any way to make the selection of the AVR HDMI audio source persistent so that I do not have to relaunch Kodi to have it re-identified?

Help would be much appreciated! Blush
Try block pin 19 on HDMI or EDID override
See link: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=158432
I opted for using a full screen output vs. full screen window - which fixed the problem.
I prefer running in a window for all sorts of reasons, but hey, if it solves a problem - why not Smile
Have you set the Denon HDMI pass through to ON for the media player? Not sure why this would only affect audio, but having the media player (assuming that is the source input) as pass through allows you to have Kodi running and the TV without the Denon on if desired.
I think you didn't quite understand. It is a video problem.
My pc is connected to my AVR, which is then connected to the TV. All using HDMI.
When I turn off the AVR, windows figures that it it he display is disconnected and sets the resolution to 600x800.
Jodi then gets stuck at that resolution.

There are two solutions I tried:
1. Set kodi to full screen instead of full screen window. This worked for me, though I don't like this mode (I have all sorts of issues switching to other applications)
2. Covering pin 19 on the HDMI cable with tape. This was tricky to do, but eventually I managed - and I am happy with this solution.
Good work on resolving the issue, yeah the HDMI with sticky tape is a PITA to do.
Lol ...@ Jodi getting stuck Tongue Hahar

(2015-08-26, 22:52)Ygeller Wrote: Jodi then gets stuck at that resolution.
LoL. Blush Damned autocorrect...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AV Receiver Disappears as Source when off0