Error when trying to compile kodi source code
Wink 
Hi!

I'm trying to compile the default kodi source without any modification following the guide: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...ME.android

The problem is that I get an error after ./bootstrap (in point 5.1. Building dependencies) when trying to configure with the command found in the README file which is(I'm using android-ndk-r10e) :

Code:
./configure --with-tarballs=/opt/xbmc-tarballs --host=arm-linux-androideabi --with-sdk-path=/opt/android-sdk-linux --with-ndk=/opt/android-ndk-r10e --with-toolchain=/opt/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8-vanilla/android-17 --prefix=/opt/xbmc-depends

and finally I get the following error message:

Code:
checking for library containing iconv_open... none required
checking for main in -lcrystax... no
ls: cannot access /opt/android-sdk-linux/build-tools: No such file or directory
checking for aapt... no
configure: error: "Missing program: aapt"

Any help with that? I probably made other mistakes because this is the first time I try to compile it. So any comment will be really appreciated! Big Grin

PS: I'm using a virtualbox with ubuntu 12.04.5 32 bits

Thank you all!!Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
I would really appreciate any help you could can give me regarding this issue
the error says it all:
(2015-08-17, 10:20)wsnipex Wrote: the error says it all:

Thanks for the answer wsnipex!Big Grin I managed to get through that error starting process again.

Now I'm stocked at:

Code:
# cd $HOME/kodi-android
   # make -C tools/depends/target/xbmc <---- here
   # make
   # make apk

with the error:

Code:
make: Entering directory `/home/vm/kodi-android/tools/depends/target/xbmc'
cd ../../../../; BOOTSTRAP_FROM_DEPENDS=yes ./bootstrap
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/vm/kodi-android'
autoreconf -vif .
Can't exec "/opt/xbmc-depends/i686-linux-gnu-native/bin/libtoolize": No such file or directory at /usr/bin/autoreconf line 196.
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at /usr/bin/autoreconf line 196.
autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
autoreconf: running: /opt/xbmc-depends/i686-linux-gnu-native/bin/aclocal  --output=aclocal.m4t
Can't exec "/opt/xbmc-depends/i686-linux-gnu-native/bin/aclocal": No such file or directory at /usr/share/autoconf/Autom4te/FileUtils.pm line 326.
autoreconf: failed to run /opt/xbmc-depends/i686-linux-gnu-native/bin/aclocal: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [configure] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/vm/kodi-android'
make: *** [../../../..//libkodi.so] Error 2
make: Leaving directory `/home/vm/kodi-android/tools/depends/target/xbmc'

I know the error message may be very descriptive but if you could help me a little bit it will be amazing!
are you sure you made it correctly through step 5.1?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2015-08-17, 14:14)Memphiz Wrote: are you sure you made it correctly through step 5.1?

Hi Memphiz!

I'm not sure but thats what i did,

first I executed bootstrap at cd $HOME/kodi-android/tools/depends wich I think is correct.

but the second part after reading the README file I figured out that it shoud be the android command:

Android (the pathes are examples and have to match those of docs/READM.android):
arm:
Code:
./configure --with-tarballs=/opt/xbmc-tarballs --host=arm-linux-androideabi --with-sdk-path=/opt/android-sdk-linux --with-ndk=/opt/android-ndk-r10d --with-toolchain=/opt/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8-vanilla/android-17 --prefix=/opt/xbmc-depends

I edited the ndk path to /opt/android-ndk-r10e which I downloaded (I don't think the problem is there)

So.. I'm completly not sure about that being right haha ConfusedConfusedConfused Can you help me with that? I think the error must be there

Thank you for your help!
nope sry
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2015-08-18, 00:12)Memphiz Wrote: nope sry

So that's the correct way to do that? Thanks anywayBig Grin
Hi,
FYI, here is what I did to build the dependencies of kodi-15.1 Android for ARM on my Linux Mint 17 (Ubuntu based) machine:

$> cd /local/luc/XBMC_Android/kodi-android/tools/depends/

$> ./bootstrap

$> ./configure --prefix=/local/luc/XBMC_Android/xbmc-deps/ --with-toolchain=/local/luc/XBMC_Android/android-17/ --with-sdk-path=/local/luc/XBMC_Android/android-sdk-linux/ --with-ndk=/local/luc/XBMC_Android/android-ndk-r10e/ --with-tarballs=/local/luc/XBMC_Android/tarballs/

$> make

I am using latest SDK (android-sdk_r24.3.3-linux.tgz) and latest NDK (android-ndk-r10e-linux-x86_64.bin).

By the way, at the end of this build (after 45 minutes) while compiling libssh, I have issues of compatibility between NDK *.h files and ISO C rules, something like :
/local/luc/XBMC_Android/android-17/sysroot/usr/include/stdint.h:173:0: error: "__INT64_C" redefined
#define __INT64_C© c ## LL
^
/local/luc/XBMC_Android/android-17/sysroot/usr/include/linux/compiler.h:25:31: error: ISO C does not permit named variadic macros [-Wvariadic-macros]
#define __builtin_warning(x, y...) (1)
^
/local/luc/XBMC_Android/android-17/sysroot/usr/include/stdlib.h:89:23: warning: declaration of ‘abs’ shadows a built-in function [-Wshadow]
static __inline__ int abs(int __n) {
^
/local/luc/XBMC_Android/android-17/sysroot/usr/include/linux/ipv6.h:61:18: error: ISO C forbids zero-size array ‘addr’ [-Wpedantic]
struct in6_addr addr[0];
^
/local/luc/XBMC_Android/android-17/sysroot/usr/include/linux/ipv6.h:82:2: error: type of bit-field ‘priority’ is a GCC extension [-Wpedantic]
__u8 priority:4,
^
/local/luc/XBMC_Android/android-17/sysroot/usr/include/linux/ipv6.h:83:2: error: type of bit-field ‘version’ is a GCC extension [-Wpedantic]
version:4;
^

Hope that could help.
Do not pay attention to my previous errors.
I forgot to add the option: --host=arm-linux-androideabi in order to cross compile with the NDK.
(2015-08-22, 01:19)leox Wrote: Do not pay attention to my previous errors.
I forgot to add the option: --host=arm-linux-androideabi in order to cross compile with the NDK.

thank you for your answers!Big Grin I had no time this days. I'm going to try it right now!

It seems that you just did what I did, it finally worked? Do you know what could be wrong in mine? Thanks leox!
I am also facing the same issue. Any update on the issue?
only following Readme.android is enough ??

I have done all the stapes.
Looks like some problem with autoconfig.
(2016-06-15, 11:36)mithunkundu1983 Wrote: I am also facing the same issue. Any update on the issue?
only following Readme.android is enough ??

I have done all the stapes.
Looks like some problem with autoconfig.

I also have some errors when I do the step of "make".Do you have compiled the kodi successfully?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Error when trying to compile kodi source code0