Add-on to fix low dialog audio volume in movies?
Does anyone know if there is such an add-on that will correct or normalize low dialog audio volume in movies?
Use volume amplification via osd during playback (audio icon). It does basicaly this (dynamic range compression).
(2015-08-17, 16:29)Namoi Wrote: Use volume amplification via osd during playback (audio icon). It does basicaly this (dynamic range compression).

Thanks!

I've tried that and it seems to just amplify the audio without any normalization.
From the Wiki

Volume amplification (dynamic range compression)

Allows you to adjust how much the audio range is compressed, making the loud and soft sounds closer in volume. This is useful when watching movies with loud sound effects such as explosions at night
(2015-08-17, 22:15)Namoi Wrote: From the Wiki

Volume amplification (dynamic range compression)

Allows you to adjust how much the audio range is compressed, making the loud and soft sounds closer in volume. This is useful when watching movies with loud sound effects such as explosions at night

Thank you!
http://kodi.wiki/view/Video_playback#OSD...e_settings

I've used this before when the overall volume is too low, but it really seems like it amplifies everything, not just the low dialogue.

I'm going to try and set it to 10db default for all videos for a week and see if it makes any difference now that I'm aware of it.
UPDATE:

This works! I set it to 20db default for all videos and I never have problems with low dialog volume anymore. Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add-on to fix low dialog audio volume in movies?0