Broadcast menu
First of all, GREAT job on this skin! I've been using one with a similar look for many years, but like many of your features more, so am very likely to switch for my main (family) setup.

I don't use a pvr or radio, but I wanted to set up "Custom Favorites" for TV and Radio. Is there a way to change the menu name so it's not "Broadcast"? I tried changing it in the "Language" files, but when I changed it from "Broadcast" to anything else, it just turns blank, otherwise it works like I'd like (I've created favorites and they show properly as submenus, just under a blank area in the menu bar). I'm using "horizontal" if that makes any difference.

I'm setting up a custom menu for my child and would like it to have her name instead of "Broadcast" (it's how it's set up in the other skin I use and she can quickly/easily find her own shows/movies/etc).

Also, it would be REALLY cool if I could add new menu items, and be able to customize them with "custom favorites", rather than having to use TV or Radio (or any other).

I'm still checking out all the options your skin offers, and I'm impressed so far! Keep up the good work!
(2015-08-16, 21:45)scsmith1964 Wrote: First of all, GREAT job on this skin! I've been using one with a similar look for many years, but like many of your features more, so am very likely to switch for my main (family) setup.
Thank you, my family is the main audience of the skin here, so I try to make things as clear as I possibly can for them.

Quote:I don't use a pvr or radio, but I wanted to set up "Custom Favorites" for TV and Radio. Is there a way to change the menu name so it's not "Broadcast"? I tried changing it in the "Language" files, but when I changed it from "Broadcast" to anything else, it just turns blank, otherwise it works like I'd like (I've created favorites and they show properly as submenus, just under a blank area in the menu bar). I'm using "horizontal" if that makes any difference.
I dare say you have messed up the string in the language file. Unless you are located in the UK you will need to modify the strings.po file located in the correct language directory. So if you lived in the US you would modify the file in the "English (US)" directory. The string that you would need to modify is as follows

PHP Code:
msgctxt "#31031"
msgid "Broadcast"
msgstr "" 

So that is string number 31031 and you would change the string between the quotes, so 'Broadcast' needs to be changed to whatever you want it to read. Just be aware the field is only 210 pixels wide, so you will need to keep it short. This string should be located near the top of the file, so if you go more than a page into the file you have missed it.
Quote:I'm setting up a custom menu for my child and would like it to have her name instead of "Broadcast" (it's how it's set up in the other skin I use and she can quickly/easily find her own shows/movies/etc).

Also, it would be REALLY cool if I could add new menu items, and be able to customize them with "custom favorites", rather than having to use TV or Radio (or any other).

I'm still checking out all the options your skin offers, and I'm impressed so far! Keep up the good work!
I have been kicking around the idea of adding a completely custom menu to the home screen, but as you will no doubt discover there is already a mountain of settings for the skin and I am not keen to add any more. In fact the last couple of versions have cut back on a couple of settings as I thought they were redundant. The setting to turn on/off the broadcast menu was one of those settings as users had to turn on PVR support in Kodi's TV settings menu anyway to see this menu. I will have a play with this and see what I can come up with. Besides your use case kind of fits in with what I try to set up with my kids.

If you have not updated to the latest version (1.2.0 for Isengard), maybe give it a try as I have fixed a few issues and added a couple of interesting features other than Isengard support. Feel free to offer suggestions or bug reports. Remember I can't fix or add things I don't know about.

Wyrm (AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
(2015-08-17, 18:37)wyrm Wrote: Thank you, my family is the main audience of the skin here, so I try to make things as clear as I possibly can for them.

I'm using your skin for the same reason. I'm a bit of techie, but like to keep things simple for the wife and child.

Quote:I dare say you have messed up the string in the language file. Unless you are located in the UK you will need to modify the strings.po file located in the correct language directory. So if you lived in the US you would modify the file in the "English (US)" directory.

Strangely, although I have my Kodi set to "English (US)", it was the "English" file that needed to be changed. You were correct however in that I must have messed up the string. I was using OS X textedit to make the changes and no matter what I put there I was getting blank....I copied and pasted the individual letters and it worked Smile I'll try another text editor.

Quote:I have been kicking around the idea of adding a completely custom menu to the home screen, but as you will no doubt discover there is already a mountain of settings for the skin and I am not keen to add any more. .... Besides your use case kind of fits in with what I try to set up with my kids.

I understand the trade-offs. You've done a great job and can be proud of yourself. I've made the switch to your skin and my family didn't complain Smile

Quote:If you have not updated to the latest version (1.2.0 for Isengard), maybe give it a try as I have fixed a few issues and added a couple of interesting features other than Isengard support. Feel free to offer suggestions or bug reports. Remember I can't fix or add things I don't know about.

I just installed so I assume I have the latest version, but I'll check it out and be sure to report anything I find. So far, I'm loving it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Broadcast menu0