Solved $INFO[MusicPlayer.Lyrics] not working
Since I updated to Isengard (15.1) I don't seem to be able to pull information from metatags using $INFO[MusicPlayer.Lyrics] any more.

I can access use all the other commands, such as $INFO[MusicPlayer.Comment], but the Lyrics option seems to be failing. I know that the metatag is being read, because the log shows the contents when a track is played, referring to the metadata as 'lyrics-eng'.

Does anyone know if something has changed about this $info label.
Sorry this should be under the skinning thread in the Development section. If anyone knows how to move this thread to there I'd be grateful if you could.

Thanks
OK, ignore that (as you all did anyway). Re-wrote the xml page from scratch and it's working again. So put it down to user-rubbishness as usual.
Glad to hear it's working now and thanks for updating the thread.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Thanks for answering mkortstiege, however, I am going to temporarily retract my user-rubbishness comment as I am still a little baffled about how what may have changed in Isengard, and so if someone has the time I'd really appreciate a view.

I've tried to simplify what I'm doing as much as possible to try and illustrate my problem. So, I create a very simplified MusicVisualisation.xml in confluence (same thing happens in any skin and on either windows or AFTV). I create a simple test music track, and in mp3tag I add to the comment tag and to the unsynced lyrics tag.

Now, when I play the song from Music - Files I see the lyrics and comment correctly displayed as below:

However, if I scan the track to the library and play from there the lyrics no longer show, as below.

I know this worked previously in library mode, because we used this same method for playlists. I can't work out what's changed and don't really understand how Kodi reads the tags when it's in library mode as I can't see where in the music database there is a field for the unsynced lyrics tag.

Hope that explains what I'm struggling with, any help or guidance much appreciated.
Wondering if anyone can at least confirm this behaviour as it's quite frustrating. My log is here, but I can't see any difference between first accessing from the library (which doesn't call $INFO[MusicPlayer.Lyrics]) and then from file manager, which does work.

As a reminder of why I wish to use this tag. When using a music playlist the first item in the list always remains the item in focus. Therefore linking to the .nfo files doesn't work once you move past the first track. So, even in a breathtaking skin like Aeon MQ their display of the now playing artist description disappears as soon as the playlist moves onto track 2. Similarly, when you play a playlist of various artists the cd art will always stay as track 1, rather than moving on to track 2's artwork and so on. This has been the case for years and that's fine. I can totally understand that devs have other priorities and I'm just extremely grateful Kodi's as good as it is, but it's why the only work around I could find is to use the available tags in the source mp3 files and particularly the multi-line tags (comment and unsynced lyrics) to store information that can be linked to directly using info tags. This has worked perfectly for me for the last few years, and I just can't work out why it's failing now.

Would appreciate it enormously if someone knows why calling the unsynced lyrics tag may now be failing in Isengard, or if it doesn't it may at least narrow the cause down to my system.

Thanks
Could you please share the dummy file? I will try to look at it.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Thanks Mkortstiege - I would be happy to, but I don't know how to add an attachment to either a post or a private message. There's an attachment manager in my profile, but I can't see any way to upload one or link to it.
Please file a bug ticket (trac.kodi.tv) and attach it there.
Thanks. Finally managed it, kept getting a "400 Bad Request" message when trying to upload file using Firefox, but worked straight away using the horrible Microsoft Edge. Anyway, hopefully there now, but let me know if not.

http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16216
Thank you so much mkortstiege - you're awesome and made small people trying to play along to their favourite songs very happy.

This was solved in the trac ticket linked above.
You're welcome. I've also prepared a backport to Isengard branch (used that for the isengard based testbuild provided in the ticket). Could you please check that the lyrics change on next track? After that it's good to go.
I'm not really sure what that means, but when we play our Bob Marley playlist and the track moves on from One Love to Redemption Song the lyrics and the comment fields change to match the new track. So it's all working as I would expect (and hope) it to, and the way it did previously.
(2015-08-25, 12:45)WelshPaul Wrote: I'm not really sure what that means, but when we play our Bob Marley playlist and the track moves on from One Love to Redemption Song the lyrics and the comment fields change to match the new track. So it's all working as I would expect (and hope) it to, and the way it did previously.

Great! Thanks for testing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
$INFO[MusicPlayer.Lyrics] not working0