Video playback jumpy.
Hi all. I am fairly new to the jail breaking scene and have jail broken an iPad 4 iOS 8.4 and have kodi 5.1 installed. I have Apple TV 3 and have managed to output the display from kodi full screen onto my Samsung TV. All good there. Had the initial upside down problem but just closed kodi and flipped the iPad and restarted and problem solved.

When playing back video the playback seems jumpy and not totally smooth. Have a netgear dgnd3700 wireless n router with both atv3 and iPad on the 5ghz bandwidth. Both near the router so I don't think it's a bandwith problem either. Came across some other people with same problem and there's talk of an option called adjust display refresh rate which apparently sorts the jittery problems but the problem is I can't find this option for the life of me. The only setting I have is sync playback to display which when enabled doesn't help.

Is there a reason this setting is missing? Ie not on the iPad version? If so is there anything else I can do to smooths the video. When I watch the video, slow frames on stills look fine but if there's greater detail or lots happening in the background then you notice the jumping. Sorry if this is covered somewhere else. I did try looking and searching.

Regards,

Sytheruk
I've the same problem when Im AirPlay mirroring kodi to Apple TV 3 using my jail broken iPad 2 (iOS 8.3).
The picture will be choppy and the sound wouldn't be the best either, but it plays fine if I download the video first.

Thanks for any help.
I've been having the same problem and can't find help anywhere! I am just playing from my iPad 3, movies are fine but whenever I try to watch live TV the picture stutters every 2 seconds. Can anyone help? Mine doesn't have the refresh run rate either, installed from cydia also.
Hi Guys,

My experience on this:

I'm using an Ipad Mini Retina, jailbroken iOS 8, Kodi Isengard and an ATV3 for Airplay:

Using ATV3 Airplay mirroring - Video is unwatchable, frames are skipped and sound is choppy

Using a lightning to HDMI cable connected directly to TV, Screen #2 option enabled - Video is better, but still jumps a few frames.

I honestly do not know what to do, but I'm assuming the iPad Mini Retina has enough processing power, at least for the second option, no?

Best regards,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video playback jumpy.0