Can't set content when using mysql
Did a fresh Kodi install by following this guide; added the appropriate sources and did an 'apt-get install kodi'.
I then created an advancedsettings.xml (see below) and created the user kodi with a random password following this guide.

Now when I try to add video sources (movies, tv-shows, ...), I select the appropriate content type and click OK. For a second the usual notification window pops up and then dissapears. If I right click and select to choose content type, it says 'none'.
When I delete advancedsettings.xml I can add video sources without any problems.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <videodatabase>
        <name>KodiVideo</name>
        <type>mysql</type>
        <host>192.168.33.102</host>
        <port>3306</port>
        <user>kodi</user>
        <pass>somepass</pass>
    </videodatabase>
    <musicdatabase>
        <name>KodiMusic</name>
        <type>mysql</type>
        <host>192.168.33.102</host>
        <port>3306</port>
        <user>kodi</user>
        <pass>somepass</pass>
    </musicdatabase>
</advancedsettings>

Bunsenlabs (Debian) GNU/Linux 8.1 (Hydrogen) kernel 3.16.0-4-amd-64
Kodi 14.2 GITSadunknown) (compiled jul 21 2015)
LOG

(edit: fixed typo)
I'm having the same issue. Did you find a solution?
I've recently moved Kodi to a new PC and while doing so had to recreate my mysql databases. I figured I'd start with a new DB as my paths have all changed.
It appears that the table creation on a new install of MYSQL is missing some parts. I would encourage you to report a bug if you haven't done so.

If you mysqldump an old db that's functional (same Kodi version from another PC for example), import and then clean it, that should let you continue forward. Perhaps someone on the forums can drop you a blank DB for your specific version of Kodi.

If you have access to your mysql log that will probably help the dev's find the missing table(s) or query.
Just a quick update on my last post ...
I had a bit of time to look into the SQL problem to the extent I was experiencing it. The mysql user (kodi) needed greater permissions than I had originally granted.
The schema (and its creation) seems intact contrary to my last post.
(2015-08-17, 19:02)bertenvdb Wrote: Now when I try to add video sources (movies, tv-shows, ...), I select the appropriate content type and click OK. For a second the usual notification window pops up and then dissapears. If I right click and select to choose content type, it says 'none'.
When I delete advancedsettings.xml I can add video sources without any problems.

When you delete advancedsettings it goes back to your old database, when you see the window flash then go without changing that's probably because it's not connected to a database. Check the kodi log, I'd bet you see lines saying that kodi couldn't login and create the DBs.

I just had this exact thing happen to me this morning.
For anyone experiencing this issue, here's what I figured out:

Looking at the logs, I saw that MySQL limited access to the database for the affected client (due to too many connection errors--which is something to track down next) but knowing that, I was able to flush-hosts and restore Library data.

Here's the deal:
Code:
$  mysqladmin -u [mysql_username] -p[password] flush-hosts
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kodi on OSMC (Pi), Android and Debian. MythTV system on Debian.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't set content when using mysql0