iOS Remote not connecting since upgrade to Kodi 15.1
Hi,

My "KODI Official Remote" app on iOS seems unable to connect to Kodi on my PC. I did work flawlessly until I upgraded from 15.0 to 15.1. Though I searched for quite a while I cannot see any options missing or things I could change. The "Find Kodi" feature in the remote app works immediately, but it seems unable to connect.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Same problem. No idea how to fix it though.
By now I've tried various other iOS remote apps, and they all don't work. Is that a new bug in Kodi 15.1 or can anyone confirm that 15.1 and iOS remote control works?

Thanks
I confirm it works.
Also another remote works.

See post http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2092082
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
Thanks for the feedback. I'm wondering what's going wrong in my configuration. Anything to do with Windows 10 maybe? On the other hand it used to work with Kodi 15.0 on Windows 10 as well. Since updating to 15.1 all connection attempts failed.

Huh
(2015-08-29, 10:34)oma42 Wrote: Thanks for the feedback. I'm wondering what's going wrong in my configuration. Anything to do with Windows 10 maybe? On the other hand it used to work with Kodi 15.0 on Windows 10 as well. Since updating to 15.1 all connection attempts failed.

Huh

Maybe your firewall settings.

Are your settings in Kodi still there? (settings like enable remote access, username/password/port number)
I'm going to check this when I'm back home.
(2015-08-29, 10:52)rschiks Wrote: Maybe your firewall settings.

Are your settings in Kodi still there? (settings like enable remote access, username/password/port number)

I have completely removed Kodi from my system (incl. profiles as offered during uninstall process) and reinstalled it from scratch. Then I did the following steps:
- Settings -> Services -> Web server: Activated "Allow control via HTTP"
- Settings -> Services -> Remote control: Activated "Allow remote control by programs on other systems"
- Settings -> Services -> Zeroconf: Activated "Announce service to other systems" (in order to make the "Find Kodi" feature in the iOS remote app work, which it does)

Still the same result, no connection. I completely disabled the Windows 10 firewall for internal networks, but that doesn't help either.

Did I forget an important setting? Any more ideas?
And username/password/portnumber?
(2015-08-31, 18:41)rschiks Wrote: And username/password/portnumber?

Absolutely! I'm attaching a screenshot from both the settings page in Kodi and from the iOS remote.

I am assuming the password in both entries are the same. It could be that the ip address does not match (check system info under settings in Kodi) or something else is listening on port 80, so change it in the app and Kodi to 8080 for example.

Do you have multiple active lan adapters in your machine?
First of all, thanks very much for the help!

FOUND the problem! Hard to believe, but it was the password indeed. I was using a "?" in my password, and after simply using a password without that everything worked again. (I must have defined a new password when I was updating Kodi from 15.0 to 15.1, so I was on the wrong track about that issue.)

It seems that Kodi expected an English QWERTY keyboard layout when my password was being entered, even though I had chosen a German QWERTZ layout (or this is not properly chosen). So of course any special characters like "?", which used to be part of my password, lead to different characters in Kodi and iOS Remote....

Thanks again.
(2015-08-31, 19:50)oma42 Wrote: First of all, thanks very much for the help!

FOUND the problem! Hard to believe, but it was the password indeed. I was using a "?" in my password, and after simply using a password without that everything worked again. (I must have defined a new password when I was updating Kodi from 15.0 to 15.1, so I was on the wrong track about that issue.)

It seems that Kodi expected an English QWERTY keyboard layout when my password was being entered, even though I had chosen a German QWERTZ layout (or this is not properly chosen). So of course any special characters like "?", which used to be part of my password, lead to different characters in Kodi and iOS Remote....

Thanks again.

Great to hear. I have also noticed an upgrade of Kodi may loose specific settings.
I don't think your keyboard settings has anything to do with it, but the way the password is stored and retrieved. It should be saved encoded (so that special characters are not interpreted the wrong way) and decoded at retrieval.
But I am guilty too about not doing that Angel

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iOS Remote not connecting since upgrade to Kodi 15.10