• 59(current)
Release skin helper service
Marcel, there is a way\workaround to show multiply splash screens?
I want my custom skin splash screen to be permanent, and the custom splash screen be optional (like mp4 splash after my custom one)
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
Hi Marcel, I'm running into an issue with installing KOver on android device (here a Nexus Player).
In fact it seems I get none of the presets for backgrounds and widgets. On windows, everything's fine.
I tried making fresh install on both windows and android and this happens only on android.

Here's the full debug log with options checked in skinshortcuts and skin.helper :

http://xbmclogs.com/pwgid7yrq

I didn't notice anything there but maybe you will.
I'm running both latest script downloaded 10mins ago.

Here's my overides :

https://github.com/Jayz2K/skin.KOver/blo...rrides.xml

Thanks
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
(2015-11-07, 20:56)tomer953 Wrote: Marcel, there is a way\workaround to show multiply splash screens?
I want my custom skin splash screen to be permanent, and the custom splash screen be optional (like mp4 splash after my custom one)

You should do that in your skin... just have a AlarmClock in your startup.xml which only loads the script splash after X seconds...
(2015-11-08, 00:35)Jayz2K Wrote: Hi Marcel, I'm running into an issue with installing KOver on android device (here a Nexus Player).
In fact it seems I get none of the presets for backgrounds and widgets. On windows, everything's fine.
I tried making fresh install on both windows and android and this happens only on android.

Here's the full debug log with options checked in skinshortcuts and skin.helper :

http://xbmclogs.com/pwgid7yrq

I didn't notice anything there but maybe you will.
I'm running both latest script downloaded 10mins ago.

Here's my overides :

https://github.com/Jayz2K/skin.KOver/blo...rrides.xml

Thanks

There's something strange about the install path...

script.skin.helper.service-master

while that should be script.skin.helper.service

Sure that there aren't 2 versions of the script installed ?
(2015-11-08, 00:40)marcelveldt Wrote: There's something strange about the install path...

script.skin.helper.service-master

while that should be script.skin.helper.service

Sure that there aren't 2 versions of the script installed ?

Installed from git, that's why the -master. Checked but only one version installed.

(2015-11-08, 00:57)Jayz2K Wrote: Installed from git, that's why the -master. Checked but only one version installed.

OK, thanks for checking. I will fire up my android test box and check.
Thx a lot Marcel Wink

Apologies Marcel, only just got around to testing your code for using WindowProps/SkinStrings inside a container. Works well on initial try for genre icons. However, after a bit of testing I noticed a few issues. Namely, if you change the skin string to use different genre icons, it doesn't seem to pick this up (even tried restarting). Also the fallback image doesn't seem to work.

Here's the code I'm using:
Code:
http://localhost:52307/getvarimage&title=$INFO{Skin.String(genre.icons.path)}$INFO[ListItem.Label,,.jpg]&fallback=$INFO[ListItem.Icon]

One of the genre icon packs (Filmstrip) I tried didn't have an image for Science Fiction. However, the fallback doesn't seem to work. If I just use $INFO[ListItem.Icon] in the control I will get the DefaultFolder.png image, but not with the helper fallback. I also tried fallback=$INFO{ListItem.Icon} in case it needed the curly brackets instead, but no dice.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2015-11-08, 01:03)Jayz2K Wrote: Thx a lot Marcel Wink

Can you please check with the latest Git version ? I made several improvements to the listings.
Note that the cache has to be built from scratch, it can take some time before any widgets show up when you first try.
(2015-11-08, 02:31)jurialmunkey Wrote: Apologies Marcel, only just got around to testing your code for using WindowProps/SkinStrings inside a container. Works well on initial try for genre icons. However, after a bit of testing I noticed a few issues. Namely, if you change the skin string to use different genre icons, it doesn't seem to pick this up (even tried restarting). Also the fallback image doesn't seem to work.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I am working on it...
(2015-11-08, 03:27)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-11-08, 01:03)Jayz2K Wrote: Thx a lot Marcel Wink

Can you please check with the latest Git version ? I made several improvements to the listings.
Note that the cache has to be built from scratch, it can take some time before any widgets show up when you first try.
I'm am testing Jayz2k skin kover as well .. Just tried with latest git .. No difference

My log is like his.. Fresh install as well.
(2015-11-08, 04:11)tmaru Wrote: I'm am testing Jayz2k skin kover as well .. Just tried with latest git .. No difference

And what does it do /doesn't do ? Did you give it enough time to populate the cache ?
It can take up to several minutes on first launch when you have a large library, live TV and a lot of widgets.

If you select the entry in skinshortcuts, what happens ?
(2015-11-08, 00:36)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-11-07, 20:56)tomer953 Wrote: Marcel, there is a way\workaround to show multiply splash screens?

You should do that in your skin... just have a AlarmClock in your startup.xml which only loads the script splash after X seconds...

Yes, I did it, seems to be working. except of one small bug, that after your splash, my image is appearing for one more second.
the order is:
1. kodi default splash [can be removed by adding some tag to advancedsettings file)
2. my skin image - 5 seconds [canno't be removed by the user, hard coded.]
3. your helper custom splash (mp4 file or whatever the user choose)
4. my skin image is appear again for 1 more second untill home screen is loaded.
I putted <image> control in the startup.xml, and I guess I need to use some visibility condition in order to prevent it for being display after your splash screen.
any ideas?
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
(2015-11-08, 04:26)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-11-08, 04:11)tmaru Wrote: I'm am testing Jayz2k skin kover as well .. Just tried with latest git .. No difference

And what does it do /doesn't do ? Did you give it enough time to populate the cache ?
It can take up to several minutes on first launch when you have a large library, live TV and a lot of widgets.

If you select the entry in skinshortcuts, what happens ?

Well, in fact, have the same issue with the new release.
What is doesn't do is to fill helper's content in SkinShortcuts. While under windows system you can set out of the box backgrounds or now new art walls, widgets like extended infos, lib datas, etc. On android None of them are showing. However, it seems that it want to be populated because I still have a progress dialog for some time ... but finishes ... Empty.

Did you get it fine on your box ? Can this be permissions issue ?

(2015-11-08, 11:41)Jayz2K Wrote: Did you get it fine on your box ? Can this be permissions issue ?

Updated my box to latest Kodi Jarvis and had the same issue... no widgets shown.
Just changed the code a bit and now it's workibng fine on my Android box.
Can you please test again with latest Git version ?
  • 59(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skin helper service18