Getting XTi 3440 Firmware
Hi,

Trying to use the Kodi 15.1 VBox TV Gateway PVR client with a brand new VBox XTi 3440.

The Kodi plug-in claims it needs revision 3.48. Performing the firmware upgrade from the VBox says 3.46 is the latest version.

How is this done?

I have also posed the question on the VBox e-mail service.

Thanks

D
I thought the newest version had been released publicly already. I only have the firmware for the XTi-3352 model, I don't know if it works for any other devices.
Okay, and apparently the firmware links I have are dead. You'll have to wait for VBox to answer your e-mail I'm afraid.
Thanks Negge. I received the following from VBox customer support:

===

Dear David,

Thank you for reaching out, updating to version 2.48 requires resetting the VBox to factory default and therefore it is not provided as an over the air update.

Version 2.48 is biggest software update yet and includes the following new updates
1. Series recording (beta)
2. Remote access setup (beta)
3. Multiple channel streaming to a single client
4. LCN – automatic channel sorting
5. EIT program guide
6. Recording of program without EPG
7. Bug fixes and optimization

Please read the installation instructions below before updating the software

Please note that due to changes in the database structure this update will reset your device to factory default and will require to run quick setup again – in order to save your recording list and frequency list we recommended to backup them

In order to save your recording list, please backup the following file
* Please note – your recorded files are not deleted – if you do not backup you will still be able to play your recordings however you will not have the program name or description.
1. Go to the TV Gateway admin console web page
2. Go to Manage files
3. Right click on the ChannelList xml.Record and save it to your PC.
4. Change the file name to recordings.xml and copy it to your storage device, same folder as your recorded media
5. Open the recordings.xml file and make sure that you can see your recorded program listed

In order to backup the frequency list and upload it after the update please backup the following file

1. Go to the TV Gateway admin console web page
2. Go to Manage files
3. Right click on the
1. DvbcChannelTable.lst - For Cable devices
2. DvbtChannelTable.lst – For Terrestrial devices
3. Backup for satellite is not available
4. Save the file or files to a computer located on the same network as the TV Gateway
4. After running the new version update as described below
5. Cancel the request to run quick setup and Go back to Manage files and upload the files that saved
6. Run quick setup, all your edited frequencies should be there

How to update the new version 2.48

1. Download the file to a computer located on the same network as the TV Gateway
2. Go to the manage à software update
Version 2.47.6 and older
3. Once the update is completed please cancel the request to run quick setup
4. Go to System Restore and Restore the TV Gateway to factory default
5. Follow the backup file restore instructions provided above
6. Run quick setup
7. Check your software version and see that it was updated

Detailed information on Software Update is available on- http://www.vboxcomm.com/shop-support/download.html

Please download this link- https://goo.gl/zK6W75

Please feel free to contact us with any questions or need for support

Best regards,
VBox support

===

I'll give this a go now...

D
I updated my device from a link on the VBox support page - http://www.vboxcomm.com/shop-support/download.html
Go to the software update section
So far this version works great
Thanks TVGrrr, part way through the process now. Just organising the Satellite channels in the same order as Freesat LCNs for the UK... this may take some time ;-)

I'll then try to link up with Kodi 15.1 again...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Getting XTi 3440 Firmware0