Errors building deps of KODI-15.1 Android source code with NDK 10e
Hi,

At the end of the build dependencies (after 45 minutes) while compiling libssh, I have issues of compatibility between NDK *.h files and ISO C rules, something like :

/local/luc/XBMC_Android/android-17/sysroot/usr/include/stdint.h:173:0: error: "__INT64_C" redefined
#define __INT64_C© c ## LL
^

/local/luc/XBMC_Android/android-17/sysroot/usr/include/linux/compiler.h:25:31: error: ISO C does not permit named variadic macros [-Wvariadic-macros]
#define __builtin_warning(x, y...) (1)
^

/local/luc/XBMC_Android/android-17/sysroot/usr/include/stdlib.h:89:23: warning: declaration of ‘abs’ shadows a built-in function [-Wshadow]
static __inline__ int abs(int __n) {
^

/local/luc/XBMC_Android/android-17/sysroot/usr/include/linux/ipv6.h:61:18: error: ISO C forbids zero-size array ‘addr’ [-Wpedantic]
struct in6_addr addr[0];
^

/local/luc/XBMC_Android/android-17/sysroot/usr/include/linux/ipv6.h:82:2: error: type of bit-field ‘priority’ is a GCC extension [-Wpedantic]
__u8 priority:4,
^

/local/luc/XBMC_Android/android-17/sysroot/usr/include/linux/ipv6.h:83:2: error: type of bit-field ‘version’ is a GCC extension [-Wpedantic]
version:4;
^

Is there an issue using NDK10e 64bits with KODI source code?

FYI, here is what I did to build the dependencies of kodi-15.1 Android sources for ARM on my Linux Mint 17 (Ubuntu based) machine:

$> cd /local/luc/XBMC_Android/kodi-android/tools/depends/

$> ./bootstrap

$> ./configure --prefix=/local/luc/XBMC_Android/xbmc-deps/ --with-toolchain=/local/luc/XBMC_Android/android-17/ --with-sdk-path=/local/luc/XBMC_Android/android-sdk-linux/ --with-ndk=/local/luc/XBMC_Android/android-ndk-r10e/ --with-tarballs=/local/luc/XBMC_Android/tarballs/

$> make

I am using latest SDK (android-sdk_r24.3.3-linux.tgz) and latest NDK (android-ndk-r10e-linux-x86_64.bin).

I generated the NDK with the following command:

$> cd android-ndk-r10e/build/tools/
$> ./make-standalone-toolchain.sh --arch=arm --ndk-dir=../../ --install-dir=/local/luc/XBMC_Android/android-17 --platform=android-17 --toolchain=arm-linux-androideabi-4.8 --system=linux-x86_64

Thanks for your collaboration.
I will answer my own post.
The configure command to build the dependencies is wrong.
I forgot to add the option: --host=arm-linux-androideabi in order to cross compile with the NDK.
Shame on me!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Errors building deps of KODI-15.1 Android source code with NDK 10e0