Win Error Unable to create application. Exiting.
I think I may have accidentally deleted a guisettings file.

I get this error every time I try to open Kodi 15.1.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

This is a crash log from my Kodi folder.

Code:
Thread 1396 (process 2216)
# 0
# 1
# 2
# 3
# 4
# 5
# 6
# 7 BaseThreadInitThunk
# 8 RtlInitializeExceptionChain
# 9 RtlInitializeExceptionChain
Im having the same issue. Was working previously. 2 things happened since it worked:
1. installed virtualBox
2. pc crashed while kodi was running (it was paused during a movie)

When the pc came back up, kodi would no longer start
Mine has been doing the same thing today, installed windows 10 a few days ago, but have been able to use Kodi until today!!
jibstar

Deleting the guisettings only sets the skin back to default as it should be recreated on startup.

Have you removed and reinstalled Kodi? Remember not to delete your user data if you have it populated.
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.
(2015-08-20, 01:55)Redwingsfansfc Wrote: jibstar

Deleting the guisettings only sets the skin back to default as it should be recreated on startup.

Have you removed and reinstalled Kodi? Remember not to delete your user data if you have it populated.

I have done this, and am still getting the same error
I too am getting the error mx ünable to create appliction exiting"..all good until power outage while Kodi running. i have unistalled Isengard, run my cleaner cleared all cache etc .. re installed isengard to no avail..is there any posted solution?
Hi,

Same problem with me too,Am on Win7 and Its a fresh install ( Fresh win7,Fresh Kodi etc) !! I was on win10 but due the driver issues (I have AMD APU ) I got fed up and returned to Win7 !

It just won't start,Tried all the versions available, i,e Kodi15.2,15.1DX11,DSPlayer etc etc but same result !

Please can someone throw some light on this ??

Regards.
MOBO :AMD A68i-350
RAM:6GB DDR3
CPU : 1.6GHZ DUAL CORE
GPU : HD6310 (512MB Shared Memory)
I am getting this error I om on windows 7(work comp) but it somehow reads KODI as if I were on XP and it wont open
http://kodi.wiki/view/Debug_log

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Error Unable to create application. Exiting.0