v15 Multiple Kodi Instances
I am not sure if I am posting in the correct spot, so if I am wrong, please move to the correct forum.

I am wondering if there is a way to run multiple Kodi instances on the same computer, with each instance using a different video card?

For example. We are thinking about building a video wall, with at least 4 TVs. We will add 2x Sapphire Radeon R7 240 2GB DDR3 Dual HDMI Low Profile video cards (Each card has 2x HDMI ports) and connect each TV to one of the ports.

I'd like Kodi to be able to drive each TV, with each one displaying different stations (Live TV), Plex, etc. If Kodi itself as one instance can do this, that would be great. But looking through configs, I do not see a way to do this. So, rather, if possible I'd run multiple instances of Kodi.

My primary concern is how Kodi would react to this. Should I have Kodi use MySQL? Anyone else have this type of setup going?

Any help / information would be great. I did read the thread Multiple Instances of XBMC but didn't know if anyone else had any ideas.

I'd use OpenLEC, but it seems to have issues (well the PVR backend) supporting ATSC/NTSC (Analog) stations.
Do games support this scenario?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Some guy did this once by using multiple graphics cards that were bound to each VM instance. I'm not sure it was really worth it, other than a neat project: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=173449

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple Kodi Instances0