Nexus Player no audio
When i play a trailer from the Apple trailers addon or local content, as soon as the movie starts the audio is gone. No GUI sounds anymore even when i leave XBMC. No sound with YouTube or any other app. I need to restart the device first to get my audio back.
I have added a debug log below.

I tried to change some settings as-well but with no result. After i loose my audio i see that in the Audio settings i can't even select the passthrough option it's gone.

System settings - Audio output
Number of channels 2.0
Output configuration Fixed
Limited samping rate (kHz) 48.0
Stereo upmix: no
Maintain original... yes
Resample Quality Medium
Keep audio... 1 minute

Nexus Player
Android 5.1.1
Build LMY48J

http://xbmclogs.com/putdcqmyv
Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro, Nvidia Shield 2015
Bump
Even quitting Kodi from within Kodi, or by forcing it to stop in the Android app settings, doesn't bring back sound?
Quitting Kodi from within Kodi is as far as i know the only way to return to Android again that did not work to get my audio back.

Your suggestion to Force quit from the app settings does not work.
Any progress on this issue?
Am i the only one?
Is there anything you need?
I'm honestly not sure how to troubleshoot that. We haven't heard about it happening from other Nexus Player users, that I know of (but there is much I don't know ;) ).
I am in the same situation. I had to return to the version 14.2 to not happen.

Thanks for the help.
Thanx Wrex for confirming.
Is there any way i can help you troubleshoot this problem?
Thread is a few months old now, but I came across it when searching this issue on google.

I've only had my nexus player for a couple weeks now, but I have had this issue happen to me twice now while in Kodi. I'll start a video and the audio will just disappear.. Even after I close out of the video there's no GUI sounds anymore or anything.

Aside from rebooting the device, I found that unplugging the HDMI cable and plugging it back in seems to restore all audio.
After the first time this happened I switched out the HDMI cable thinking that was the issue, but now I'm convinced it's some sort of bug within Kodi or the android device itself.

I am running Kodi 15.2, on Marshmallow 6.0

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nexus Player no audio0