Manual DB addition (expanded)
HarshReality Wrote:Schematic?

Yeah! A little script of how i would implement it if i knew how to do it. I have some programming skills and i'm doing some little OpenGL games, but i'm not confident to improve myself at something serious as XBMC.

Excuse me if my messages are a bit strange, i have my english skils a little outdated Big Grin
No worries, I tend to bend things... I can mimic but as for originallity I was born without imagination.
cold_realms:
there is no new tv db nor was it ever said that there would be.

el piranna:
it would be easiest to code up something in either python or perl since you should be able to find ALOT of example code on http retrieval and html/xml parsing. it would function something like this:

1) probably need to use a POST method to tv.com with some search query
2) parse that output to find the "correct" item
3) GET that next webpage
4) parse that output (you probably would need to repeat steps 3 and 4 a few times until you get to the episode details page)
5) once your at the episode details page, you parse that data and re-format it into the xml format that xbmc is expecting and write it out to disk.

basiaclly, you just mine the data out of their html page and output an xml file that xbmc understands.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Manual DB addition (expanded)0