Linux install nvidia-xconfig on a machine with amd-gpu
hi,

my new hardware is running with an amd-gpu. i have the problem that i have a black screen when i start the machine befor the tv is started and tried to solve the problem (http://kodi.wiki/view/Creating_and_using..._xorg.conf). one thing i need is nvidia-xconfig, but i don't know how to install it on my amd-maschine. in some other threads users had written that nvidia-xconfig is installed with the nvidia driver. but i don't need the nvidia driver. in the linked guide its written that the method with nvidia-xconfig is the best working solution, even for amd.

so, how can i install nvidia-xconfig?
Ask those people in the guide. In my eyes it is just bu**shit. You need an xorg.conf and additionally some drm_kms_helper foo to fake the edid and force the display to On. I have documented this in this forum here - just search for drm_kms_helper
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
sorry, i can find any guide in this forum or outside that explains how to edit the edid.bin with drm_kms_helper.
You don't need to edit any edid.bin ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
It's the first google hit: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1824527 - don't forget the xorg.conf
sorry, but i've written "I have documented this in this forum here", so i searched for i post written by you and the linked post isn't written by you. the use has written "fritsch did some more work", but it seems you've done this in an other post or what else.

Quote:don't forget the xorg.conf

i followed the guide step by step and it worked - for the moment. but what do you mean? what to do with the xorg.conf? is there anything to do with the xorg.conf?
(2015-08-20, 10:51)bunter fisch Wrote: sorry, but i've written "I have documented this in this forum here", so i searched for i post written by you and the linked post isn't written by you. the use has written "fritsch did some more work", but it seems you've done this in an other post or what else.

Quote:don't forget the xorg.conf

i followed the guide step by step and it worked - for the moment. but what do you mean? what to do with the xorg.conf? is there anything to do with the xorg.conf?

Yeah - I wrote it into an IRC channel and the user that made this post, wrote it up for me. Sorry about that. If it stops working an additional xorg.conf that backs up those modes might help additionally.
at the moment i have no problem. the only thing i was wondering about is that i can't see the kodi-logo after start the computer. my tv does not receive any signal. after a few moments i see the home screen. is this a problem with the xorg.conf?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
install nvidia-xconfig on a machine with amd-gpu0