Clickable Progress Bar in OSD with Mouse?
Hello,

This is my first post and I made sure to read your sticky notes prior to posting (and a few other posts) but couldn't see a dedicated thread on this so decided to post here. Apologies if this has been brought up before; don't mean to duplicate or waste anyone's time.

Is it possible, by means of 3rd party code (or other means) to enable a clickable progress bar within the On-Screen-Display (OSD) because this is a feature I have used since version 13 of KODI and I really miss being able to rewind and jump forward with the click of a button without having to click "fast forward x 32" and wait ages for it to get to 3/4 of the way through the film. This is a feature that is available in the standard "Confluence" skin and works well with the pre-programmed 'Mele F10' mouse I purchased for that very purpose.

I understand if this is a feature that was not included on purpose, or if because the developer simply didn't have the time/resources at his/her disposal, but wanted to ask the question just in case someone more experienced could shed some light on it.

If it is indeed the case where this is "it's not included by design" then I'll leave it at that and say thank you for what we have available to us and for taking the time to develop a really wonderful skin.

Kind Regards

Mal.
I believe somebody else mentioned this already, its not high on my list as I just use my remote to skip forward.
but i'll add it to the todo list to look at.
My thanks for your prompt response and for taking the time to look at this - it's appreciated.

As an aside, you mentioned using your remote to skip forward, is this purely by 'fast forward' or do you skip in blocks? I'd be happy to replicate this in the interim if you'd be so kind as to elaborate on how you achieved this? I've tried those 'skip steps' and set them to maximum/minimum but whenever I press the fast forward button/right direction on my air mouse, all it does is fast forward x2/x4/x8 etc. If I could skip forward in 5/10min intervals, that would at least be something Smile

Cheers for your time buddy!

Mal.
(2015-08-21, 09:18)Malachor Wrote: My thanks for your prompt response and for taking the time to look at this - it's appreciated.

As an aside, you mentioned using your remote to skip forward, is this purely by 'fast forward' or do you skip in blocks? I'd be happy to replicate this in the interim if you'd be so kind as to elaborate on how you achieved this? I've tried those 'skip steps' and set them to maximum/minimum but whenever I press the fast forward button/right direction on my air mouse, all it does is fast forward x2/x4/x8 etc. If I could skip forward in 5/10min intervals, that would at least be something Smile

Cheers for your time buddy!

Mal.

i guess he is using either the tv remote control passing control keys via HDMI-CEC or an infared remote.

On the on screenkeys there is no key to jump forward or backward in time. THe only keys you have are either fast forward or backward. And as you say they do exactly that.

Stop using the damn air mouse and try to setup HDMI-CEC if your tv is capable of it. Either a lirc infared remote. Either an iphone or android phone with a kodi remote application. If you are with an android take a look at yatse remote control. Has everything can do everything without the need to move a mouse cursor or something like that.

Try some of the above and you will be amazed of how much more easy your navigation in kodi can be done without the airmouse.
I've actually got that on my Galaxy S5 so will give it a shot. Thanks for the tips Smile
What kind of tv you are on and you are not using hdmi cec?

Or with hardware that does not have cec capability
This is my TV:

http://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-55UF950V

I am using HDMI 2.0 cables for all connectivity. Not sure what CEC is - i'll have a quick Google now.

Update: I can confirm I've tried setting up my Android Box using the LG Smart Link tool (like a universal remote) but it doesn't recognise it. It's an AMLogic S450 Quad Core M8 running 4.4.2 Kitkat.
in my lg it is called simplink on the remote but that is not the point. Developers gave a different name to the same thing. CEC passes remote control keys via the hdmi cable. That gives you the abbility to control amplifiers and things like that with one remote.

The small problem here is that both ends have to support the hdmi-cec and have it also enabled.

So you have to enable it on the tv side, just use it.

I am not sure if android boxed with amlogic supports cec commands but as far as to what i read on the net i see people reporting it is working.

Go to kodi
Settings -> system -> input devices -> peripherals

Make sure you have the settings level to expert (bottom left side in settings) to be able to see peripherals.

Press on it and if you see a cec adapter then on the side of your media player it is supported. If not then ........

Good luck.

also look for a key on your tv remote called SIMPLINK. if you have it press it and turn it to enabled. After that i suggest a shutdown of both the tv and the media player.

Please remember that especially on lg tv's cec is limited in the number of buttons that gets passed through the hdmi.
You will find the cross (up,down,left,right), stop, play, pause, fast forward, fast backward working, back and exit (they both do the same for me) and the OK button. You can also call context menu by pressing stop then play.

While watching any media the left and right arrow are working to jump forward or backward in time as you like.

Hope that works for you. Best thing i have found for my media player the last 4 years. HDMI-CEC

On most samsung tv's most buttons work, even the numerical ones and they work as old phones when you have the on screen keyboard to write something down.
Many thanks for the information Smile

I can confirm that the 'peripherals' option is visible but greyed out under KODI 15.0 (expert) and no permutation of settings allows me to click it. The only options under it are enable air-mouse and one other which I can't remember and they're both enabled.

I had another go setting up a Universal remote via Simplink (you are right regarding the naming convention) however couldn't complete because my TV box Manufacturer isn't listed as an approved vendor with which to associate the remote with. I tried using a few generic ones i.e. LG, Samsung etc. and they didn't work unfortunately; but like you say, CEC needs to be enabled both ends and I guess it's not an option on by TV box end. Ah well C'est La Vi.

I appreciate your taking the time to respond with helpful information nonetheless.

Take Care

Mal.
I would suggest to contact the company that developed that Android box asking them if they have any update that supports hdmi cec in the kernel.
Thank you Jester, for this great skin.

I too, am using a mouse for navigation, and was wondering if any progress has been made on including mouse navigation for advancing videos on the OSD?

Without the mouse control, I am unable to advance or retard videos/music using the seek bar.
I too would love this feature when watching stuff on my laptop. I thought I read somewhere that it had been implemented but it doesn't work on my mac

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Clickable Progress Bar in OSD with Mouse?1