PreInit - The Direct3d device doesn't support DXVA-HD.
Hi,
I cannot get any channels to display Live TV.

I have an HP P6360uk Desktop (Intel i7 CPU) with 6GB RAM.
It is running Windows/7 64 bit Home Premium.
I have been happily using Windows Media Centre for 5 years recording and viewing live TV programs.
The HP came with a TV tuner installed, Device Manager says its an AverMedia H789 PCI-E Hybrid DVB-T
It is connected to the same aerial in the loft as the TV in our lounge.
I can receive all the UK Freeview channels just fine on both the TV and Computer.
I believe my nearest transmitter is the one at Crystal Palace.

I am being tempted to upgrade, for free, to Windows/10, but am concerned that it does not support Windows Media Centre.

So before upgrading to Windows 10, I am experimenting with different solutions for Line TV reception and Recording and Playback.

I have installed SmartWMC as the PVR backend and Kodi (15.0 Git:20150721-2f34a0c)
After a bit of mindless poking around I managed to get a list of channels showing up.
However if I select any of them I get no sound or vision and eventually get a message suggesting I read the log.
After a bit of hunting around I found a log in C:\Users\W7\AppData\Roaming\Kodi named Kodi.log, and found these entries:

13:24:57 T:3296 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.wmc_61330591.pvr
13:24:57 T:3296 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
13:24:57 T:3296 NOTICE: DXVA::CProcessorHD:TonguereInit - The Direct3d device doesn't support DXVA-HD.
13:24:57 T:3296 NOTICE: CWinRenderer:Tonguereinit - could not init DXVA-HD processor - skipping
13:24:57 T:8460 NOTICE: Thread DVDPlayer start, auto delete: false
13:24:57 T:8460 NOTICE: Creating InputStream
13:25:04 T:8460 ERROR: AddOnLog: PVR WMC Client: Error opening stream file, Win32 error code: 0
13:25:05 T:8460 ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.wmc_61330591.pvr]
13:25:05 T:8460 NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit()
13:25:05 T:3296 NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::CloseFile()
13:25:05 T:3296 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: waiting for threads to exit
13:25:05 T:3296 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: finished waiting
13:25:05 T:3296 NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::CloseFile()
13:25:05 T:3296 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: waiting for threads to exit
13:25:05 T:3296 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: finished waiting
13:49:20 T:7352 NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
13:50:07 T:7972 NOTICE: Thread RSSReader start, auto delete: false

I don't know what all this means, so I picked out this line: DXVA::CProcessorHD:TonguereInit - The Direct3d device doesn't support DXVA-HD possible clue?

Please, does anyone know what this means and what I am supposed to do to fix it?

I am able to use Kodi to play some recordings originally made on Windows Media Centre.
And, I am still able to receive and record broadcasts using Windows Media Centre.

Any advice would be very welcome,

Chris.
I don't think that's your problem. Have you setup your recorded tv share and permissions? I think you'll need too go through the ServerWMC setup guide on the wiki

http://kodi.wiki/view/ServerWMC
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
scarecrow420,
Thanks for your post. I did look at your link to ServerWMC wiki and checked a few things, however I did not change anything (honest) and magically, I can now view Live TV now.
I will do a final test of an unattended recording and if that works OK, I feel confident to go ahead with the Windows/7 -> Windows/10 upgrade.

Thanks again for your input.
Chris.
You do understand that ServerWMC requires Windows Media Center to operate don't you? If you upgrade the ServerWMC box to Windows 10 ServerWMC will no longer function.
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
Dilligaf,
DOH! - Ironically, just as I had successfully recorded an episode of Pointless ;-)
I did not realize the dependency.

Can you recommend an alternative that will support my TV tuner - Windows Device Manager says its an AverMedia H789 PCI-E Hybrid DVB-T ?

Chris.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PreInit - The Direct3d device doesn't support DXVA-HD.0