PleXBMC fails to find/connect to server
I installed Kodi on my android device along with PleXBMC in order to avoid any transcoding done on my server machine. I don't want a hole burned through my desk with 100% of CPU running for 2 hours. Problem is PleXBMC is failing to communicate with or load information from my Plex server.

I have a Plex server Version 0.9.12.8.1362-4601e39 running on my home machine which is hard connected to a Wireless-N router. I get access to this server in and out of network with the Plex App.

On my Android Phone, running Android 5.1, I installed the latest Kodi App release. I installed PleXBMC version V4.0.0~beta4 without the helper and used the Amber skin. I connected to MyPlex and still none of my libraries showed up (Videos or Pictures). I did find my plex server under Master Server though. I then tried the last release of PleXMBC v3.6.1 without the helper and then with the installed helper. This time I get a drop down notification at the top saying "Could not find any media servers". I verified that my phone can see and use the Plex media server over my network.

Compatability issues? Any idea why PleXBMC is failing to communicate with my server?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PleXBMC fails to find/connect to server0