Backing up/restoring Kodi
Hi,

Wondered if someone could help. I'm trying to back up my Kodi installation using the amazon fire tv utility app as i own a firestick. The only 2 options i have to back up is SDCard and extUSB not my stick. So when i select back up nothing is happening.

I did try using adbfire i managed to back it up but when I pointed it to the restore folder it said this is not a backup folder.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
not even sure what the Fire TV utility is. or did you mean the FTV utility? for some reason I was imagining something on the Fire TV Stick itself.

anyways, if you used adbfire you should be fine if you let it finish. it can take a while to backup depending on how many addons you have. now when you go to restore you have to chose the directory right about the main 4 backup directories (addons, media, temp, & userdata). if you say named a directory backup then named a subdirectory something else to maintani multiple backups you have to drill down to the directory right above those 4. if you directory is like say (drive:*)\backup\bu1\ you can not just choose backup as the restore location if that makes sense. as long as you are right above the 4 folders you backed up it should work fine. done it many times.
Lewisward07,

Inside the adbFire interface I created a new device and named it using the serial number of my fire tv stick to diferientiate.....since I have three of them. To do this:

1. Select "New" from the main screen in adbFire.
2. Fill in the name of your device in the "Description" field.
3. Enter your device ip address in the "address" field
4. In the "File path" field I entered the location of the folder located on my computer where I save my Fire TV Stick backups.
Then save these settings

From now on when you are connected to your fire tc stick and perform a backup it will be save to the provided destination in your computer. Similarly, when you restore it will pull from this same location.

Hope this helps,

Darcman

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Backing up/restoring Kodi0