7 Icons
Sorry if this has been covered but i did a search but could not find an answer.
Is it possible to get 7 icons for videos music etc on the home screen with Ver 15.1
Ive installed the add 7 icons from maintenace tool ,but there is no Confluence 7 icon skin
60 views and no comments Huh?
Is it a addon ??
Never heard of it.
If so go into
settings
Appearance
Then skin settings
And then go to the bottom to shortcuts and decide which menu you want it showing and choose the addon in by clicking number 1
Its a addon in Maintenance Tool / System Tweaks / 7 Icons . It lets you put 7 icon shortcuts under each
category on the Home Page but does not work now
(2015-08-21, 16:40)bison1947 Wrote: there is no Confluence 7 icon skin

There is a Confluence mod which has more shortcuts, I think 25 for Video and 12 or more for the rest of the menus - by Hwy2015 modder. But it is not mod like the others which bust the appeal of the Confluence, it is your old Confluence with added functionality, namely that ton of shortcuts, the developer added features can be ignored... However I am not sure of the status of this source on these forums, his skin is not among the official skins, you have to google it up. I was driven to this source because the official skins don't seem to care in particular about shortcuts showing up on the top interface.

That solution which Steve_uk talks about is not really solution, at least not from my noob point of view (typically it adds couple more shortcuts at most over the five default ones in Confluence but mostly just five and it adds them in a very 'involved', that is roundabout way, like scratching your left ear by pushing your right hand between your legs first...). I must say as a relative Kodi beginner I had hard time grasping this way of doing things and in fact I never understood bulk of the skins, the way they do things (nevermind they are also noticeably 'slower' and load on tons of features very few pple need, with gratituous and stupid background graphics that get stale next day, gimme one uniform background anyday, thank you) and I was forced to stay with the default skin till I found the mod above which worked on v14 and continues to work just fine on v15
(2015-08-23, 13:58)van141 Wrote:
(2015-08-21, 16:40)bison1947 Wrote: there is no Confluence 7 icon skin

There is a Confluence mod which has more shortcuts, I think 25 for Video and 12 or more for the rest of the menus - by Hwy2015 modder. But it is not mod like the others which bust the appeal of the Confluence, it is your old Confluence with added functionality, namely that ton of shortcuts, the developer added features can be ignored... However I am not sure of the status of this source on these forums, his skin is not among the official skins, you have to google it up. I was driven to this source because the official skins don't seem to care in particular about shortcuts showing up on the top interface.

That solution which Steve_uk talks about is not really solution, at least not from my noob point of view (typically it adds couple more shortcuts at most over the five default ones in Confluence but mostly just five and it adds them in a very 'involved', that is roundabout way, like scratching your left ear by pushing your right hand between your legs first...). I must say as a relative Kodi beginner I had hard time grasping this way of doing things and in fact I never understood bulk of the skins, the way they do things (nevermind they are also noticeably 'slower' and load on tons of features very few pple need, with gratituous and stupid background graphics that get stale next day, gimme one uniform background anyday, thank you) and I was forced to stay with the default skin till I found the mod above which worked on v14 and continues to work just fine on v15
I had never heard of the addon so thought he just wanted to know how to add a addon to the home screen.
I never use confluence myself as not a great deal of personalisation...
There is a addon called super favourites that should do what you want.
Basically you create one master folder with all your addons and favourites inside and then in confluence add the super folder to the menu.
He wanted not just adding an add-on to home screen - the Confluence skin has provision for five add-ons shortcut icons visible under the ribbon where the main menus are (Video, Music, Programs, Settings...) and no more than five!

He talks about some tweak which increases the five to seven shortcuts under each main menu and which tweak is now broken in Kodi v15. The Confluence skin modded by Hwy2015 has provision for 25 shortcuts under Video menu (they scroll sideways) which is five times more than plain vanilla Confluence. And the modded skin is as fast as it always has been, unlike most other skin mods.

The virtue of these shortcuts we talk about is that you see them directly on the Kodi home screen when you highlight one of the menu item (Video etc.). If you have to go to some folder to see them (as per your 'Favourites' solution), that one extra step sort of defeats the sheer convenience, IMO the biggest one the Confluence skin gives.
(2015-08-23, 23:32)van141 Wrote: He wanted not just adding an add-on to home screen - the Confluence skin has provision for five add-ons shortcut icons visible under the ribbon where the main menus are (Video, Music, Programs, Settings...) and no more than five!

He talks about some tweak which increases the five to seven shortcuts under each main menu and which tweak is now broken in Kodi v15. The Confluence skin modded by Hwy2015 has provision for 25 shortcuts under Video menu (they scroll sideways) which is five times more than plain vanilla Confluence. And the modded skin is as fast as it always has been, unlike most other skin mods.

The virtue of these shortcuts we talk about is that you see them directly on the Kodi home screen when you highlight one of the menu item (Video etc.). If you have to go to some folder to see them (as per your 'Favourites' solution), that one extra step sort of defeats the sheer convenience, IMO the biggest one the Confluence skin gives.
I agree with ya mate..
I prefer to have everything all 1 click if I can that's mainly why I've not used the standard confluence as like you say you only get 5.
I might give it a go (if it still works) I'm using the Ace skin at the moment which isn't too bad.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
7 Icons0