Isengard 15.0/15.1 release not using my sort tokens and no remote control
I recently updated to Isengard (15.0) and then 15.1 (currently running 15.1 now). Since moving to Isengard (including 15.0, my sort tokens within the advanced settings have not worked at all. I have also been unable to use the Kodi remote on my Android phone or iPad to connect to the Kodi server and manipulate Kodi.

Sort Tokens
For the sort tokens, my advanced settings looks like this:

<advancedsettings>

<network>
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
<cachemembuffersize>500000000</cachemembuffersize>
<readbufferfactor>20</readbufferfactor>
</network>

<sorttokens>
<token>a</token>
<token>an</token>
</sorttokens>

</advancedsettings>

It worked previously on all 14.x versions of Kodi. I have tried to delete advanced settings, open Kodi, watch an episode. Then I close Kodi, add a brand new advanced settings xml file that is identical from the previous version of advanced settings I had and still sort tokens do not work. I have tried multiple times in this manner, from cut and paste the advanced settings to even typing it by hand in case that made any weird sort of difference. This is not so much an issue with TV Shows but it a bit of an annoyance to me, for my movies. Movies such as A Knight's Tale and A Nightmare on Elm Street should be sorted by 'K' and 'N' respectively instead of 'A'. This is all I can think to provide at this juncture on this subject.

Remote Control
For the remote control I have Kodi Remote on iPad (joethefox is the company/producer) and the XBMC Foundations Kodi Remote for Android on my phone. I have ensured that all network settings allow control (web server -> Allow control via HTTP) as required for the iPad app and same for the Android. In fact, I have nearly all network abilities that allow control turned on. I have cycled through all settings trying one at a time and variations of the different settings but no luck. Thankfully my Logitech remote still works for Kodi, but I prefer the iPad/Android for typing when necessary.

My system is as follows:
Sony Corporation VPCF136FM with Windows 8.1, kernel: Windows NT x86 64-bit version 6.3
Intel® Core™ i7 CPU Q 740 @ 1.73GHz, 8 cores available 6.00 GB RAM

And the required log file may be found at: http://goo.gl/SVyu5z (used the XBMC debug log site) titled Sorttoken/Remote control

Any help would be much appreciated. Sorry I cannot be more specific as there doesn't seem to be a specific way to replicate my issues beyond literally opening Kodi. Hopefully I just mistyped something or forgot a specific toggle. Either way though, keep up the most excellent work on Kodi and I look forward to future releases.
Maybe a bit late but I just experienced the same problem. Sorttitles work except on "A". Perhaps it's because it is a single letter as opposed to "The" , "La" or "Der" so "O"might also not work.
It seems only to happen when I use profiles in Kodi. Without profiles the "A" is sorted correctly. I had an "advancedsettings.xml" both in the master userprofile "root" and in each profile folder, all with the same <sorttokens> setting.
Maybe that helps someone who is troubleshooting this problem.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
I had the same problem and solved it by using capital letters to start the token. Hope it helps you.
(2015-10-05, 03:03)pgarmendia Wrote: I had the same problem and solved it by using capital letters to start the token. Hope it helps you.

Yup, had the same issue I think since Helix(could be wrong) where I had to capitalize for it to take.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Isengard 15.0/15.1 release not using my sort tokens and no remote control0