MythBuntu with Kodi on top - any changes needed?
ALERT - LINUX NOOB

I'm slowly migrating all my HTPC functions from a Win7 PC to a Chromebox with Ubuntu/Kodi. I've been using the latest KodiBuntu distro with a MediaPortal backend on the Win7 machine that has a Hauppage TV tuner card. The PVR functions are functional, but for various reasons, I want to simplify the setup and get rid of the extra PC. A 955Q Hauppage USB tuner is on its way as we type for the Chromebox. I'm in the US, and MythTV was recommended on another forum. Being quite new to Linux, installing MythTV from source (as their page seems to indicate is needed) is rather daunting, and I'm sure I'd screw it up. I'm looking at doing a fresh install of MythBuntu to avoid trouble, but on to my main questions:

Does the most recent version of MythBuntu (I think 14.04 LTS) have all the relevant Intel video/VAAPI drivers installed? Would I need to add any other video/Audio packages for Kodi to perform well?

MythBuntu does install a PulseAudio service. In reading some other threads, I've often heard Fritsch admonish folks for having such a setup. I take it I should disable that option, and if so, does the kernel otherwise handle all audio functions?

Any help (again, speak to me like I'm a 4 year old with a Speak 'n Spell with regards to Linux, though I am learning!) is appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MythBuntu with Kodi on top - any changes needed?0