Any Smart TVs able to run KODI?
Stupid question, but... does anyone make a tv which can run KODI on the tv (using network storage, of course)?

There are tvs that can run Plex, Netflix, Hulu, etc... but I've not seen any that can run Kodi. Does such thing exist?

I need to add a tv to a secondary living space. If there's a tv that can do this, it'll make the install easier. Otherwise, I guess I'll buy an Asus chromebox, wipe it and put OpenElec on it.
If you search around here, people have been running Kodi on the new generation Sony Android TV sets I think.
As noggin says official AndroidTV sets can run Kodi but those Sony & Sharp TV sets are only available in certain regions like the AndroidTV set top boxes (Google Nexus, Nvidia Shield) which is deeply frustrating so depending upon where you live you may have to import or may not be able to get one at all.

As to other TV platforms, nothing else runs Kodi, they are all locked down in-house platforms, one other open contender is Firefox OS which is appearing on Panasonic TV's though Kodi is not ported to that OS and may never be as it's probably just for basic web apps.

Samsung are using their Tizen OS on some of their TV's now, someone was working on porting Kodi to Tizen but it is not available via the Tizen TV's.
as stated above the sony and sharp android tvs should be able to, but they kinda skimped on the hardware from what i've heard, you would be better off getting a nexus player or a firetv and cheaper tv, prolly would come out ahead and be happier
This is the Kodi / Android TV / Sony discussion thread:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=229348

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any Smart TVs able to run KODI?0