Odroid C1+ or MQX S805 Box
Currently have a Firetv stick and like it a lot, but looking to get something thats a bit less "hacky" to setup, and has hardwired ethernet. looking at getting a S805 based box, there cheap and well supported. is there any bennifit to getting an ordriod C1+ over the MQX S805 box here? http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_94469.html, the latter seems to be the cheaper option for simlar if not the same hardware. or am I missing something?
Yes - ongoing Firmware support from the actual manufacturer of the C1+, which should not be underestimated unless you are a DIY person and like frequenting the Freaktab website. Plus 23.976/59.94Hz video output for perfect video sync.
You can run over 13 different OS images on the C1+ platform, such is the flexibility. OpenELEC flies on the C1+ too, so much so its replaced my RPi2.

Once you have run OpenELEC on a AMlogic S805, you will not want to go back to Android at all. Dual booting Android / OpenELEC really is the way to run these device if you really need Android for something.

So as you already have the FireTV stick for HD paid Android video streaming apps, the question is how well does the two AMlogic S805's your looking at here run OpenELEC / Kodi 15.2RC ?

just the response I was looking for thanks!. I figured it would be worth it. I'll prolly stick with android. my main two apps I use is Kodi for my local files and such and Xfinity TV to Go which while not being the most tv friendly program basically saves me a cable box since its everything in one app and it works fairly well other than needing a mouse.

what would I need to get an odroid running? the board, SD Card (easy to load the image thru windows?) and a box sufficient? Looks like if i'm reading it right you can power it thru the OTG with a cell phone charger?
Darpz are you form the UK?
factor in all the cost of buying the C1, will get you around the £60 mark?

buy the HP 260 G1 in the UK for around £75 (all you'll need is adaptor and remote, though you get a keyboard and mouse chucked in)
its in another league compared to the C1+ and the addons your referring to are banned piracy addons
http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rul...ed_add-ons
I would remove all reference to them Smile

HP 260 G1 thread
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=229668
Yes power thru the OTG - USB port, if you only have basic USB dongles then even a cell phone charger will be sufficient. I use an old iPad 1 charger and have no issues.

Sandisk and Samsung EVO Class 10 UHS-1 SD cards work best. Just buy all the usb dongles from HardKernel as I doubt you will find better prices and you know everything will just work.

Just be very careful with Open Source boxes such as the C1+ / MXQ / MINIX NEO X6 / S802/805/812 clones etc. Paid copy protected / DRM streaming apps will very likely only stream at a max resolution of 720x480p and not HD.
This applies to Netflix, Amazon and a lot other paid DRM streams. Are you sure XFinity TV Go from Comcast will stream in HD ?

apologise I thought you was referring to another addon, I see that its not a the piracy addon I thought
(2015-08-23, 17:44)wrxtasy Wrote: Yes power thru the OTG - USB port, if you only have basic USB dongles then even a cell phone charger will be sufficient. I use an old iPad 1 charger and have no issues.

Sandisk and Samsung EVO Class 10 UHS-1 SD cards work best. Just buy all the usb dongles from HardKernel as I doubt you will find better prices and you know everything will just work.

Just be very careful with Open Source boxes such as the C1+ / MXQ / MINIX NEO X6 / S802/805/812 clones etc. Paid copy protected / DRM streaming apps will very likely only stream at a max resolution of 720x480p and not HD.
This applies to Netflix, Amazon and a lot other paid DRM streams. Are you sure XFinity TV Go from Comcast will stream in HD ?

the xfinity app is a phone app, its already not an official app on the firetv, needed to be sideloaded. some is HD some is not depends on what channel/show.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Odroid C1+ or MQX S805 Box0