Windows 10 streaming
Ok I am a noob at this stuff. A mate setup my Raspberry pi with Kodi a while back and all was great as I could stream from my windows 7 system with minimum hassles and messing around. Fast forward and I updated from Win 7 to win 10 about 2 weeks ago. Since then I can't access my files on my pc. I have searched high and low as I want to learn how to fix these problems.

Please can someone point me in the direction of how to sort out file sharing with my windows 10 system?

Kind regards

Killer Nod Huh
Anyone?
If I understand right, Windows 10 DLNA support is cuttet off a bit, only if you use a DLNA supported app on computer you can connect to computer.
Another way could be that you share a computer folder or drive in your privat network to which you can connect from Raspberry Pi.
And if I'm not wrong this SMB connection is much more performant than DLNA.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...inside-out
For sharing via DLNA with Win7 you need a DLNA server - so it was probably using SMB (as invented my MSoft).
There may be added problems with Win10, as MSoft seem to have been moving away from their original idea of sharing - a search at large may provide a tuturial for Win10. What you do have to beware of is any attempt to share via Homegroups, as this only really works with other MSoft machines also with Homegroups (but using Win7 should have made you aware of that).
I haven't yet had to solve those problems yet, having not progressed beyond Win7.
Derek
Thanks all for getting back to me
Buy a Synology NAS

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows 10 streaming0