Turn off skin updates ?
Hi,

Was just wondering if there is an option to turn off automatic updates of this skin?

It is a fantastic skin and I have started installing it on boxes I have set up for friends and family. The problem is every time the skin auto updates it resets some of the custom settings I have created.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Hi Packetcrypt.

I don't recommend disabling add-on updates. If you want to do custom edits to the xml files, I recommend copying the skin to a new folder and renaming it in addon.xml. This way updates will still happen, but not to your own mod.

When you navigate to the add-on browser within Kodi, go to the top options menu bar. Here you can select to auto update all add-ons, get notified when updates are available or to disable updates. This applies to all add-ons.

Out of curiosity, which edits have you made?
Great !! Thanks for the info.

It's really just the custom menus that I added. After an update they revert back to Custom 1 , Custom 2 .. Etc..

What if I just remove the image files from the Rapier folder and store them in a new folder within XBMC? It appears the the links to the images remain but the update deletes the image folder I placed in the Extra folder.
That's because you add the images to the skin.rapier/extras folder yourself.

If you post the names or images here, I'll include them with the skin. That way they are not deleted when updated.

Or, as you suggest, you can just move the files outside of the skin folder as well.

Either way will work Smile
Any way you can add the changes I made. I hate having to go into the views folder everytime myself. I changed the watched icons from a blue circle to a filled blue circle.
Hi westcoastbias.

Your mod looks great, but I like the way the overlays are right now.

Maybe I will decrease the transparency of the overlays, but that's another story Smile
What about having an option to toggle between the two different watched styles?
Sorry, but there's already waaaaay too many skin settings.

I'll consider it if the demand for this gets high enough. Smile
Ok, I figured that was the answer, but it was worth asking.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Turn off skin updates ?0