Sudden jitter playback and 100% CPU usage on internet stream
Hello

When playing certain internet streams, and while initial few minutes or seconds are OK, the playback suddenly becomes very jittery and CPU usage rises to 100% (one 1 CPU).
I need to stop and restart the playback to return to a normal situation but the issue will reoccur few minutes after (so this makes kodi useless for these streams).

Few observations:
- the issue started with Kodi 15.0, there was no problem with 14.x versions.
- for now I can only reproduce the issue with FranceTVPluzz add-in (https://github.com/JUL1EN094/JUL1EN094-x...nceTVPluzz). I can't reproduce on youtube.
- 15.1 corrected the issue for certain (lower resolution) streams but the issue is still there for others (higher resolution/bitrate)
- the jitter and CPU usage seems to be correlated with the below lines in the logs, which repeat indefinitely:
Code:
04:36:53 T:139851161138944 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(audio)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available
04:36:53 T:139850249987840 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(video)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available
04:36:53 T:139851161138944  NOTICE: CDVDPlayerAudio::OutputPacket skipping a packets of duration 32
04:36:53 T:139851161138944  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 9 times.
Full log: http://pastebin.com/D8g7V7c4

Does this issue ring any bell?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestion!
Serge
Quote:Does this issue ring any bell?

Yes...more than one Wink

1. You have a lot of banned addons and repositories installed. So you won't get any support in here, while using those. Read the Forum Rules, especially the banned addons part.

2. Don't know if the addon you use is a reason for a rule violation for the Forum Rules, but I guess you have to ask the addon dev to get more support as this seems not to be a Kodi issue as you can't reproduce with an official addon like Youtube.
This is the sad part. I have noticed the issue also on linux and it is even worse on my android box. Along with an audio sync problem that I cant correct for. How can possible issues be brought to the attention of the kodi team without getting into trouble? I undrstand the bigger issues but I would think that kodi issues might be of interest for the betterment of the code. I got rid of the issue by downgrading the gbox to gotham (I didnt grab a helix version yet to try) and the performance issue went away. So it might possibly be a hidden issue that was not seen.

If this info is not wanted then please remove this post and accept my apologies. I totally understand. If any more info is wanted please feel free to PM me so that the information can be relayed privately to whoever might want to take a look. I wont post again on this issue so as not to offend anyone. I only wanted to make you aware if it.
Thank You
Hello - thanks for the prompt reply. I was not aware of these forum rules.
I have now disabled all add-ons and I'm running the internet stream from a m3u8 file: the symptoms remain the same, frequent jitter and maximum CPU usage.
The jitter is OK if the bandwidth to the source is not sufficient, but CPU usage should not peak like it does
New log file is in http://pastebin.com/AxQ1R2tJ
on the linux box, when the CPU Usage goes high can you ssh to the box and run

See what is using the most CPU.

I found
at-spi2-registr

is using a lot of CPU sometimes even after sitting idle all day. Do you maybe have the same issue? I posted a thread about this a few minutes ago.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sudden jitter playback and 100% CPU usage on internet stream0