Req Stationary Vertical Menu and Default Focused Position
I would really appreciate it if you could add these options in the skin settings.

An on/off to make the Vertical Menu stationary when you scroll.
The default item you are focused on when the skin is loaded/Kodi boots.

As of right now these can be done kind of easily as pointed out in this thread.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=212530

The problem is every time the skin is updated, such as today, you have to go back and edit that file again by hand. It would be a lot nicer if you just added those two options in the settings and we never have to edit xml files again for this simple thing.

Thank you.
point taken, but this will take some time to implement as an on/off option, need to find some dev time Smile
The stationary menu would be time consuming, as you'd probably want to have it centered, but that'll depend on the number of items in the menu.

But the default focus doesn't really need a switch. Just set it to 0 instead of 5 and I'm guessing most people could work with putting their most used item at the top of the list. Position 6 just seems like a really odd place to start. Even if the first item in the menu isn't the most used item, at least it makes sense.
I did some playing with the setting listed in the link.

I found with the focus on the default 5 a posy setting of 90 centered my 8 item home menu list. But when I hanged it to a focus of 0, I had to change the posy setting to 230 to get the list back to center. But when I had a ten item home menu, and the focus set to 0 I need a posy setting of 150. So, does anyone know what that is actually adjusting?

On one hand it seems like that posy setting is adjusting an offset for the list, from the top of the screen, on the other it seems like it's an offset from the center. Or does it change the position of the focused item maybe?

*note, I didn't measure it, but my micrometer eye says it's centered. Take that for what it's worth if you're trying to use these settings.
(2015-08-30, 14:58)Calum Wrote: I did some playing with the setting listed in the link.

I found with the focus on the default 5 a posy setting of 90 centered my 8 item home menu list. But when I hanged it to a focus of 0, I had to change the posy setting to 230 to get the list back to center. But when I had a ten item home menu, and the focus set to 0 I need a posy setting of 150. So, does anyone know what that is actually adjusting?

On one hand it seems like that posy setting is adjusting an offset for the list, from the top of the screen, on the other it seems like it's an offset from the center. Or does it change the position of the focused item maybe?

*note, I didn't measure it, but my micrometer eye says it's centered. Take that for what it's worth if you're trying to use these settings.

Honestly, I'm not completely sure as the only items I ever changed was focusposition and movement. I let the skin leave the menu where it sat once I set the movement high enough to keep the list stationary, though I also have a pretty short list of just 7 items.

(2015-08-25, 03:02)Jester Wrote: point taken, but this will take some time to implement as an on/off option, need to find some dev time Smile

I don't mind it taking a little time to implement, I am just happy you'd be willing to do such a thing. Like I said before, it is fairly easy to do by hand editing the xml file, it just irked me that the day I edited it the skin was updated and took the edit away as it happened a few days before that too. I was thinking you could put "Select by Default" under the Home Menu section, where you edit the home menu items. Maybe for the stationary option could be a sub option of "Use Vertical Main Menu" under Home Layout, as I'd guess you wouldn't want that enabled for a horizontal layout too.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stationary Vertical Menu and Default Focused Position0