help please
Smile 
i have ugraded my MX bpx to 15.2 kodi from i think it was 14.1 which was working fine

I am now having problems with playback issue the movies and tv channels are all very jittery is there an easy fix for this many thanks

I have went into advanced video setting and changed the display refresh rate bt to no avail can any helpBlush
Have you played around changing the lib. or media codec in settings video / acceleration? Sometimes one or the other works better for different media types on android.
There's a thread on video stuttering if you'd care to search for it. Basically I think your firmware doesn't set the right permissions for amlogic video decoding in hardware decoding. There's much more to read if you want to check this and fix it.
Hi ,

Thanks for the info Can you point me in the direction of this post im a newbie dont understand really what im searching for
the thread is titled "Video stuttering in Kodi 15 for Amlogic SOCs". If you go into the android section of this forum (i.e back one level from where you are now) and put part or all of this phrase into the search box, you should find it. Suggest you read it all but from memory it comes alive from about page 4. You're looking to confirm what your problem is (press o on the keyboard when playing and looking for am or amc or ff or whatever (find the poster who explains this) and then what can be done about it. On this, you'll have to follow the clues in the thread as I've not the words or the patience to explain it in text.

The only other thing I can offer is that an easier fix could be to go into expert settings mode on Video>Acceleration and turn off amcodec. I've not tried this but I've read somehere that the mediacodec (amc on the screen when you've done your reading) doesn't need the firmware permisions to be set to 666.

Hope this helps. Good luck newbie. I'm an experienced tinkerer and the full fix you'll read about stretched what I can do.
Scrub what I said about disabling amcodec. I'm setting up a box, Tronfy MX with amlogic S805 soc for a relative. I tried it in its raw state with kodi 15.2 pre release. It plays HD in amc ( this means mediacodec) but it jitters. I think this s what you've been seeing. I've set it up to use amlogic (am) and it's much better.

Do you live anywhere near Penistone in S. Yorks? The only way I can think these explanations can work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
help please0