v15 Random black screens just in Kodi
Sad 
Good Morning!

i have a irritating problem in Kodi 15.1 and dont know how to solve it Sad While Kodi runs, no matter what i do, watching a movie or just idling in the program, i get random short black screens (in 2 hours whatching a movie maybe 15 black screens), which only affects the video transmission, sound works without dropouts. I dont have this problem while idling in windows!

Anybody can help me? I would be very happy for any suggestions. Thanks a lot!

Hardware:
Intel NUC with i5 (newest gen)
8 gig RAM
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
128gb m2 hdd
Denon AVR Receiver
LG 65" tv
Do you adjust the screen refresh rate to match with the media one? I saw this issue when there is a communication problem between the graphics card the the display maybe caused by a cheap or long HDMI / Displayport cable.
But it can also be a video decoder problem. Hard to say without a logfile, so it is just a thought.
Kodi 15.2 @ Android TV (Nvidia Shield)
PVR Backend: DVBLink/ DVBLogic with DigitalDevices 2xDVB-S & 2xDVB-C,CI DeltaCamTwin @ UM02 & HD02
Media Backend: EMBY
Thanks for your reply, i will check the refresh rate. My hdmi cable should be a very good one, but maybe i check this too!

Some more ideas?
Yes hit the keyboard 'o' while playing a video and look for bottle necks, but off hand this is something I haven't heard of before, It's either windows 10 or the gfx card decoding. Perhaps change to software decoding and see if that was it.
In the screensaver settings there is an option to blank out screens when there is no activity, but I have never noticed it work when there is a video playing.
Also check drivers and install the Kodi dx11 build
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
By adjusting the refresh rate, i reduced the black screens in 2 hours watching a movie to 3 times. Tomorrow i will check dx11
Edit:

Nothing changed, it must be random, got 15 or 20 black screens while watching / idling in Kodi.

@Martijn: Is the dx11 build in Kodi 16 rc included or should i use the old version?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Random black screens just in Kodi0