[Request] Adding Trakt to theTVDB scraper
Hi All, I use Trakt addon, but I want the ratings displayed next to each show to be from Trakt and not theTVDB or IMDB which are the only 2 options in the configuration for the "theTVDB" scraper. Is it possible to add this myself or can it be implemented please?

Kind regards,

Ameic
no, that's not possible unfortunatelly. The new trakt API is rocket science for the scraper addons and cannot be used... I had to remove trakt support from the Universal Scraper scraper for movies as well due to the same...
I tried to talk with justin about this his main reason seems to be cache optimization.
But maybe we can find a solution.
You mean the over-engineered authentication method with tokens, auhorizations, QR codes, sending authentication info in headers are due to cache optimization? Smile
Scraper addons will not be able to chew all these, so we can't support trakt in the scrapers.
(2015-08-26, 11:52)olympia Wrote: You mean the over-engineered authentication method with tokens, auhorizations, QR codes, sending authentication info in headers are due to cache optimization? Smile
Scraper addons will not be able to chew all these, so we can't support trakt in the scrapers.

Not exactly, parts of them are. Tokens are due to oauth, qr are just fancy/handy for mobile. But sending auth info in headers probably is, because you can use the url itself as a cache key then I guess?

I'll try to talk to justin about a static page or zip file like tvdb is using right now. Whatever works best for them.
Ok, great, and many thanks for that! I would be more than just happy to get trakt back, but only if it will not take my lifetime to figure out how to fetch a couple of fields... :-)

...however there was no one complaining having it removed from ums, so i don't think a lot using it.
(2015-08-26, 15:13)olympia Wrote: Ok, great, and many thanks for that! I would be more than just happy to get trakt back, but only if it will not take my lifetime to figure out how to fetch a couple of fields... :-)

...however there was no one complaining having it removed from ums, so i don't think a lot using it.

You should already have lost a lifetime to understand scrapers in kodi :X
Just kidding.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Request] Adding Trakt to theTVDB scraper0